Author Topic: CH Pro Throttle STuck Views  (Read 797 times)

funked

CH Pro Throttle STuck Views
« on: March 25, 2000, 10:57:00 PM »
I have a problem that only happens in Aces High.  I have my view keys mapped to Hat 1 on my Pro Throttle.  Sometimes the views will "stick" in a certain view like looking out the rear of the plane.  After a while it returns to normal but until then I am screwed.  

I don't have the problem in any other game.  Is there something I can do or does HTC need to fix this?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
the hat on my MS stick does same thing only in AH. If I pull up the clipboard, it fixes it. Dunno why...

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2000, 12:19:00 AM »
i,ve been talking to HITECH about this sence AH came out.
the only thing i can find that helps is i turn off the CD-RW in bios and use the CH combat driver rev2. that way i can calibrate the hat in windows. i bet you have a creatives sound card as well and you use the game port in it. he is talking to the ppl at ch to get the F16 FIGTHER STICK so he can see what is going on with this until then you have to use the esc key when the view sticks.  

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2000, 04:31:00 AM »
SW Precision Pro USB here - happens too, but rarely.Got Creative Labs Live soundcard, but as the JS is USB I dont use gameport.Hmmm..

danish

funked

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Well I don't have a CD-RW or a FighterStick or CombatStick.

Looks like it's a bug in Aces High.  Grrr.

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
....Sometimes the views will "stick" in a certain view like looking out the rear of the plane.  After a while it returns to normal but until then I am screwed....B]
Yes, Funked, I do to on rare times.  Usually hitting the keypad view itself will restore me back to normal.  Well, 99% of the time it does fix the hat thing.
Do you ever get a "shaky view", like it cannot make up it's mind whitch way to go?  That haapens more often when I switch hat views rapidly.  Cure that by getting off the hat for a second, then back on it.
Of course, I have multiple angles/keys set to my hats on the combatstick and Pro throttle.  That might be part of the problem.
Anyway, Thought I'd let you know you aren't alone in this.

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"

funked

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2000, 06:25:00 PM »
Thanks.  

I hope HTC gets this figured out.