Author Topic: Saitek USB  (Read 882 times)

Sorrow[S=A]

Saitek USB
« on: March 29, 2000, 04:09:00 AM »
A simple question, anyone using an X36 combo- what rudder pedals work? I want to buy the X36 while it is still $99 but I don't desire another twisty stick. Anyone have a suggestion?

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
Saitek USB
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2000, 11:49:00 AM »
I'm using CH USB rudders and USB X35 combo (or whatever it is X36?) anyway works great... don't now how to use rotary switchs but other then that its the best setup I've had.... and I've had them all...
doc

Offline Oosik

• Zinc Member
Saitek USB
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2000, 08:16:00 PM »
Sorrow[S=A] The Saitek X35T has a rudder built into the controller.  It may not be as good as a foot controled unit but it does work (this from someone who just figured out how to use rudders in flight )

Sorrow[S=A]

Saitek USB
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2000, 09:17:00 PM »
I did say clearly I am getting an X36 HOTAS, not an X35. I am aware of the built in rudder in the throttle but desire foot pedals to allow more accurate controls.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Saitek USB
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2000, 12:37:00 AM »
Ok, just got an e-mail reply from Saitek.  I asked if the USB X36 could be used with the PC Dash. They said yes, if you use the gameport instead of the USB.  They said I could use both SGE and the Command Center software.  I have gameport CH pedals and will try to incorporate them and the PC Dash.

Now the help I will need from you all is..... PRAY!!!!!!
Anyone else out there have a PC Dash??  Have you tried it with the new X36?
Thanks  

maddog,www.combatsim.com has an excellent article on how to program using the SGE. It's in their archives and is a 2 parter.  This will help you with the rotaries,good luck.
[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 03-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 03-31-2000).]

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Saitek USB
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2000, 12:25:00 AM »
Well, I see noone prayed for me. I messed up me system  Guess I will reformat the c drive and start from scratch. I should have just been happy with what was working. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
Saitek USB
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2000, 12:36:00 PM »
This may be a bit off-topic but here goes.
I have the Saitek X36Combo (USB) and CH ProPedals (USB) and they generally behave quite nicely. The problem is that sometimes they now switch position in the AH joystick selection (ie,Pedals now #1, Saitek #2) so nothing works and I have to rematch the desired stick and input. In the windows game controller panel, they still show as they were originally installed with the correct priority. Now this isnt a killer prob, more of a minor pain. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this occur. BTW this started in the last week.

JimBear

jic  system spec

P3-650
384mb pc100
CL GeForce DDR
SB live
hayes-accura 56k
adaptec 2940uw
3com 905B
Plextor UltraPlex CD
Plextor CDR
Iomega Jazz
2-9.1 Viking 2 HD

[This message has been edited by JimBear (edited 04-07-2000).]

Sorrow[S=A]

Saitek USB
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2000, 06:42:00 PM »
Thank you jimbear, I have TM pedals I bought off ebay and am waiting for my Saitek to arrive.