Author Topic: Whatever happened to this popular OD 370th FG P-38 skin?  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: Whatever happened to this popular OD 370th FG P-38 skin?
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
whoa i just drifted by this thread after getting bit by the fly aces high bug again...

You might want to stop complaining and thank skuzzy for taking the time to let your less than amazing texturemaps in the game. not to put to fine a point on it but just about all of them are awful.

devoid of realism and detail and smooth transitions with bad colors and small amounts of research. little attention paid to the variations of the surface of the aircraft. perhaps this is more than could be asked of most though and thats understandable.

but don't try to wrap your sub par skin in indignation over it waiting a year to be in the game. if its taken that long its teribad anyway and no one will use it but you. and yes there are rare exceptions to this but they are rare and ussually don't apply to you.

want your skin to stand out? want to get it in the game? stop sucking and make it amazing.

pack it full of more detail and more vibrant and compelling color schemes of historical significance.
can you see the metal fatigue and stress points in the surface of your aircraft's texturemap?
have you found a way to simulate flush and raised rivets from the pilots perspective in the cockpit? and then drop highlights and shadows around said rivets and fasteners to reinforce this illusion?

have you baked in some shadows and subtle reflections of a bare metal project? did you research the airflow patterns across the fuselage and wings and wrap oil and exhaust stains along these patterns? did you subjectively fade the paint of your aircraft to indicate it is clapped out and war weary, full of dirt, grime, dust scratches dents and dings and stains?

stop with the spam make one amazing skin not eleventhousand bad ones. anything without greebo's name on it can be destroyed imo. its all awful and a waste of ram

so just be thankful.

be thankful that my critical lazer beam eye is not the one deciding if your skin gets in the game at all because if you think you have it bad now you have no idea what an individual like myself would demand to be subjected to your texture maps clogging up my computer.

-yours truly

The Skin Nazi
"NO SKINS FOR YOU ONE YEAR!"
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »
Welcome back, Fester!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »
Would be nice to see some more of your work back in the game. I have plenty of B25-H's to choose from since you are the only person with any in game out side of Greebo. I think I kind of burnt him out on that particular aircraft. :D

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
Would be nice to see some more of your work back in the game. I have plenty of B25-H's to choose from since you are the only person with any in game out side of Greebo. I think I kind of burnt him out on that particular aircraft. :D

I'm going to do a B-25H eventually. I'm hoping to do a 823rd BS 38th BG scheme, but I haven't been able to research one completely yet. It looks like they flew the G mostly, rather than the H.

Might be able to do another one or so if everything works out.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2010, 12:39:48 AM »
I'm going to do a B-25H eventually. I'm hoping to do a 823rd BS 38th BG scheme, but I haven't been able to research one completely yet. It looks like they flew the G mostly, rather than the H.

Might be able to do another one or so if everything works out.
I know that you have that 71ST Bomb squadron profile I have the same DVD as you. Also waiting for that new book to come out as well on the 38TH bomb group.

I would like to get more on this 42ND bomb group B25H. The four squadrons in this group seemed to paint all there planes in the same format per squadron. So it may be left up to an artistic guess for the rest of the aircraft based on it's squadron that it belonged to?

http://www.box.net/shared/iz64a75tdn/1/6282668/58400860/1

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,808579-2,00.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:42:54 AM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »

Another first fighter group aircraft Bat out of hell would be a cool skin as well. It is an F model though?

(Image removed from quote.)

Found a complete picture of this aircraft I was a little dubious as to the accuracy of the profiles & models I have found. However that aside it is legit. :aok It would add some colour to the P-38 stable.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
Fester was this directed at me?

late reply sorry...

no truekill/Larry

your LW skins are best in game and I use your 190a8 skin and 190d9 skins (the newest ones) exclusively

now if you could whip up a good 109k4 and 190a5 with colors like that 190a8?  :)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013