Author Topic: angles?  (Read 839 times)

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
angles?
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:07:18 PM »
I know what  BnZ is, and a knife fight,and a  turn fight ,and E fighting...yada yada.....Here's me stupid question, whats an "angles fight"?   :headscratch: tnx in advance ... elfy   :old:   :banana:
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: angles?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
During a dogfight ... positioning your flight "angles", compared to your opponent flight "angles", to hopefully put yourself in a position to easily reverse your opponent giving you an advantage.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
angles fight is same as a knife or turn fight. Basically two schools of thought for a "dog fight". You either give up E for position (angles) or you work to conserve E to gain a superior position.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
Ankle fight is when two or more people get in to a fight over humphing someones ankle err  . . . . . .  :O oups, you said angles.  Never mind  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
 :headscratch:

E fight: Gun fight all the way, when the opponent has no ammo, you stab him with the knife (in the eye if possible)

Angle fight: Knife fight but when you corner your opponent, you shoot him in the back...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
:headscratch:

E fight: Gun fight all the way, when the opponent has no ammo, you stab him with the knife (in the eye if possible)

Angle fight: Knife fight but when you corner your opponent, you shoot him in the back...

or in your case, beat him with your walker  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 03:41:22 PM »
Ankle fight is when two or more people get in to a fight over humphing someones ankle err  . . . . . .  :O oups, you said angles.  Never mind  :D
lol
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Become ONE with the reticle.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
I know what  BnZ is, and a knife fight,and a  turn fight ,and E fighting...yada yada.....Here's me stupid question, whats an "angles fight"?   :headscratch: tnx in advance ... elfy   :old:   :banana:

As snaphook pointed out, "angles fight" is the same as a turn fight.  Some people prefer to use the term angles fight instead of turn fight to avoid any type of confusion as to the kind of fight maneuvers were used.  A lot have learned to define 'turn fight' by the definition of 'turn' and identify it with a flat horizontal turn with two planes chasing each other's tail.  Referring to as an Angles Fight removes that possible confusion and more clearly defines the term as a fight where both opponents maneuver for an angle to gain a shooting solution.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:06:59 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
Don't wanna sound dumb here but is a Angle fight (shot) the same as a deflection shot?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
Ankle fight is when two or more people get in to a fight over humphing someones ankle err  . . . . . .  :O oups, you said angles.  Never mind  :D

har har har har har.  I hear they are giving away free gyros in the DA, maybe you should stop in sometime.   :D

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
Don't wanna sound dumb here but is a Angle fight (shot) the same as a deflection shot?

There will definitely be deflection shots in an angles fight... from my understanding of a deflection shot. it is any shot that you have some form of maneuvering  whilst shooting...i.e not a straight 6/12 shot

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »
The biggest point of confusion is that a good "angles fighter" works for angular gain not a shot per se. In fact the good angles fighter often offers fleeting low % shots on purpose since pulling to hard ot freezing the nose often results in angular loss. So the best angles fighter's will tend to fly the fight and let the shot happen. Now when you ruin into those few who don't miss then you have a combo deal where they can end a fight early...but there aren't all that many guys with both skills. Most of us fly better then we shoot or shoot better then we fly...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
I think it is one of those things where you can say afterwards hey that was and angles fight or E fight.

But I think i changes so much during the fight its hard to say. Hey he is angle fighter or he is an E fighter.

The best sticks use both to thier advantages during the fight.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
I know what  BnZ is, and a knife fight,and a  turn fight ,and E fighting...yada yada.....Here's me stupid question, whats an "angles fight"?   :headscratch: tnx in advance ... elfy   :old:   :banana:

Doug, your "yada yada" hit the nail on the head.  Lots of words to describe similar things.