Author Topic: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill  (Read 1680 times)

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill
« on: May 21, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »
I have looked through all the updates and I can't find ANYWHERE in them where GV's can now tower out ANYWHERE on ANY map and just get a ditch without giving up a kill. I have had snailman tower out at LEAST 15 times in a row on dirt away from the spawn point while a bomb was in the air and he never died ONCE, all he got was a ditch. I looked at his stats and he accumulated 39 ditches so far 15 or more was from today. I have not found any mention of this "change" in ANY of the updates. this makes it theoretically impossible to score ANY kills on GV's with aircraft of any kind. all you'd have to do is stop and tower out as soon as an aircraft got close enough to score a hit. whereas in the past had you dropped a bomb and someone towered out and you were 3K.....or the closest person to him, you got a proxy kill. prior to this the only time you could tower out and avoid a falling bomb was when you were on concrete on your base.

this "BUG" needs to be fixed ASAP.

perhaps people that don't want to be bombed (like in the real world) should have a "special" arena just for GV's, instead of towering out over and over just to grief someones game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
I have looked through all the updates and I can't find ANYWHERE in them where GV's can now tower out ANYWHERE on ANY map and just get a ditch without giving up a kill. I have had snailman tower out at LEAST 15 times in a row on dirt away from the spawn point while a bomb was in the air and he never died ONCE, all he got was a ditch. I looked at his stats and he accumulated 39 ditches so far 15 or more was from today. I have not found any mention of this "change" in ANY of the updates.e.

Because there was no change. It's working still the same as it always had worked. And no you just can't tower "anywhere"

If the place you tower out is closer to your own base than the enemy one, it's a "ditch". If it's closer to the enemy base, it's "captured"

The spawn you are talking about is very close to the home base, not the enemy. If I had been closer to your own Vbase, I could not have ditched.

perhaps people that don't want to be bombed (like in the real world) should have a "special" arena just for GV's, instead of towering out over and over just to grief someones game.

This is an interesting point of view, as you and your Cowboys were simply circling over a GV battle between two Vbases, trying to rack up a lot of kills by bombing tanks being in a fight. Nothing wrong with that, but I could imagine a lot of players would call that "griefing" too ;)

BTW, after your CV was gone, the battle really was getting a good one. I was being killed a plenty of times by other tanks.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:00:02 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
A whine has been recorded  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »
Snailman > Tripp

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
A whine has been recorded  :aok
And it's a BUG!!!  :lol

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
Poor Cowboys. :(  Life was so much easier fighting auto-ack in empty arenas.  Real players just don't follow the script.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
:rofl
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 04:49:14 AM »
working like it always did, what a load of crap, it NEVER allowed you you to just tower out anywhere with a bomb in the air without giving up a proxy kill.

LMAO.....you should go back to console games where you and yer buddies can exchange all the best cheat codes.

snailman, you seem to "game the game" and try to make it sound legit, I have seen photo's and films of wreckage along roads in France where the German armored and supply columns where obliterated by attack aircraft......not ONCE did I ever hear a German veteran EVER say " we heard the whistle of the bombs, stopped and towered out to avoid being killed by patrolling Typhoons"

what are you going to do next?.....start pulling the cat5 from yer tower when you lose a wing....to avoid giving up an air to air kill?

it's not a cheat.....and it would be just "gaming the game"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 05:32:03 AM »
working like it always did, what a load of crap, it NEVER allowed you you to just tower out anywhere with a bomb in the air without giving up a proxy kill.

Next time try and actually READ my answer-

The game did not AND DOES NOT allow you to tower out anywhere. Like in airplanes, it depends on ownership to closest base. I was still on "home turf". Had I been closer to an enemy base, I would not had gotten a ditch. And it's a deliberate design descision, so if you want to see that changed, I'd suggest putting it up in the Wishlist forum.

I won't respond to the rest of you diatribe here, because I want to keep Bug Forum free from personal stuff, no matter how tempting it would be to answer...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:33:40 AM by Lusche »

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »

snailman, you seem to "game the game" and try to make it sound legit, I have seen photo's and films of wreckage along roads in France where the German armored and supply columns where obliterated by attack aircraft......not ONCE did I ever hear a German veteran EVER say " we heard the whistle of the bombs, stopped and towered out to avoid being killed by patrolling Typhoons"

Keep looking at and/or watching your media... only place where you will see those results. :rofl

It is a game... play it! :rolleyes:

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
I have seen photo's and films of wreckage along roads in France where the German armored and supply columns where obliterated by attack aircraft......not ONCE did I ever hear a German veteran EVER say " we heard the whistle of the bombs, stopped and towered out to avoid being killed by patrolling Typhoons"
So, WWII Germans would know what "tower out" means. Very cool...I never knew that. Did they know what 1337 uber means?

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »
Next time try and actually READ my answer-

The game did not AND DOES NOT allow you to tower out anywhere. Like in airplanes, it depends on ownership to closest base. I was still on "home turf". Had I been closer to an enemy base, I would not had gotten a ditch. And it's a deliberate design descision, so if you want to see that changed, I'd suggest putting it up in the Wishlist forum.

I won't respond to the rest of you diatribe here, because I want to keep Bug Forum free from personal stuff, no matter how tempting it would be to answer...

i towered out of an enemy town the other day, i had two kills, and landed successfully.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
i towered out of an enemy town the other day, i had two kills, and landed successfully.

Because no enemy was around. In that case you can indeed land everywhere.

The scenario described in the OP is a different one: Towering out with enemy overhead. In this case the ownership of closest base comes into play, just like explained in my earlier post. Tower out at home= ditch, tower out in enemy territory =captured.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:27:00 AM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline uptown