Author Topic: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
Re: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »
Since the new patch I have seen this on several occasions. As an example, I hit a Tiger 3 times on 3 different occasions and he towered and I never got the any of the kills.  I am not whining,(I dont play for points so it doesnt matter to me), but i have seen alot of this going on.  
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »
All i am going to add about this is : been playing over 4 years and i learned that there are days where things go you way and days when they don't.  Stuff is not going to change so sit back, drink another beer, take a hit or whatever and have fun...isnt that the end result we all seek is FUN ? just my 4 cents.....
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:24 AM »
Thats not right either. HTC does listen and they do change things if they think its good for everyone. I REALLY like the changes to prevent kill thieves.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 12:52:17 AM »
Chalenge, I will agree on the kill stealing part. If people wanna game the game or do whatever then thats on them. I have towered out on numerous occasions when my gv was messed up and i was up the creek. the dude(or dudette) is going to get their kill and so i tower out no point in sticking around nor do I really get torqued when someone towers out as i am about give them a 500lb headache.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 05:29:21 AM »
If he made the attempt at 15 drops on lusche... why didn't he try the hanger? I'm sure that the amount of bombs dropped would have closed the gv base. :lol
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 05:31:18 AM »
Since the new patch I have seen this on several occasions.

The game mechanics regarding to to mission end (ditch? capture? landed?) for GV and planes haven't changed in any way for years (if at all)

On friendly base pavement:
Plane - always "landed". Damage status or enemy proximity do not matter
GV - always "landed". Damage status or enemy proximity do not matter

In friendly territory, not on concrete (territory is friendly when closest base is friendly, including CVs):
Plane - always "ditched". Damage status or enemy proximity do not matter
GV - If undamaged: "ditched". Enemy proximity doesn't matter.
GV - If damaged and no enemy is around: "landed"
GV - If damaged and enemy is around "crashed", if enemy is close enough he will get proxy kill.

In enemy territory (both on and off pavement) (territory is enemy when closest base is hostile, including CVs):
Plane - Always "captured". If undamaged and enemy is around, he will get proxy kill. If damaged, the enemy that had inflicted most damage and is still inflight will get the kill, regardless of distance.
GV - If no enemy is around: "landed", regardless of damage status.
GV - If enemy is around, regardless of damage status: "captured". If undamaged and enemy is around, he will get proxy kill. If damaged, the enemy that had inflicted most damage and is still inflight will get the kill, regardless of distance.

Radar circles are just representing the radar ranges of a base. They do not make any place "friendly" or "hostile". This is always and only depending on ownership of the closest base, including CVs!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:01:12 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:27:59 PM by Skuzzy »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey