Author Topic: delay of bomb release  (Read 315 times)

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
delay of bomb release
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »
I press release button.....bomb takes half a second to leave plane now after last patch....or LONGER....makes for some horrendous misses, same thing with pulling trigger for guns AND rockets.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: delay of bomb release
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
Are you able to change that using the .delay command?

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
I have had gun firing problems in the past but I make the assumption that it's a lag issue........  (bad internet at hotels)

How is your frame rate?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:38 PM »
I had a similar issue with the trigger. I haven’t quantified a time, but my perception is a quarter to half second delay between pressing the trigger, and getting the resultant burst of bullets. At first I thought it was a problem with my Saitek Profile. But I went to the Keyboard, "F" for fire, and had the same experience. I mentioned it to GhostH, but he didn't notice the difference from his side. So I chalked it up to my perception - until I read this thread.

Anyway, there's my two cents.
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »
Is it a delay in the bombs dropping or the guns firing, or a delay in the sound of the bombs dropping or the sound of the guns firing?

I noticed a delay in the sound, but not in the actual shooting, and it's distracting.

This happened the first time the new sound system was pushed out as well.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:17:45 PM »
Are you able to change that using the .delay command?

can't change it with the .delay and I looked at the connection with AH connection moniter AND pingplotter....it all looks good.

In a dive bombing mode I pressed the release button and started to pull out of the dive......ended up flinging the bomb off into the weeds because it didn't release till after I hit the button. it had never been the issue prior to this last update.

I'll defrag HD to see if it is a issue of puter trying to locate the proper sound file, I won't be able to check it till later though

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
LOL....sound system was changed before I could check to see if defragging would help