Author Topic: New Mission Editor Released  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
Re: New Mission Editor Released
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 07:05:12 AM »
I triple checked everything in the mission I had made and everything looks correct.
Still locks up at the warp segment.

Also, when I make a small mission with no warp segments, it's seems impossible to get the other planes to keep up with the mission, no matter how fast or slow I have them go.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:07:48 AM by Mato »

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
After I finished creating the mission when I go to offline play. I go to practice missions(I have others stored there as well that have worked fine). When I click practice missions I immediately get an AH.EXE error/crash.

When I'm done creating the mission I'm supposed to select "build res library" right?
I did get a "taxi segment did not have duration" message or something like that when I built the res library.
The messages you get when building the res file show segments in the mission where the AI doesn't know what to do.  That should be fixed since the AI may take a long time to recover on the segments following the error.

Also, you might try this to discover your AH crash.  Create a new folder in your game directory, and move the .res files to the new directory one by one.  When the game stops crashing the last .res file you moved is the culprit.  It's a starting point.

- Sudz

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
Still a no-go for warp segments on my end.

Sudz, are you not able to duplicate this problem on your end; or was your warp problem fixed by re-filling and calculating the segment after the warp?

MachNix

Most times I look at a mission that the warp segment seems to crash the game, I find that there are problems with the mission.  Often it is a bad segment and not the warp.  However, I freely acknowledge that there may be bugs in the code and not the mission.  My dilemma is that it often takes several hours to track down a problem in the mission - especially if its epically large. (I am quite impressed, btw, but the magnitude and intricacy of some of the missions I've seen.)

So, if your mission runs from start to end in the ME, but crashes the game, then please send the mission text files (not the res) to us.  If it turns out to be a bug we'll fix it and if it turns out there's a problem with the mission we'll put warnings into the ME.

Please make sure that the problem is not a resource problem like a sound or bitmap first by taking them out of the mission and re-running.

Thanks,
- Sudz

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »

...So, if your mission runs from start to end in the ME, but crashes the game, then please send the mission text files (not the res) to us.  If it turns out to be a bug we'll fix it and if it turns out there's a problem with the mission we'll put warnings into the ME.

Please make sure that the problem is not a resource problem like a sound or bitmap first by taking them out of the mission and re-running.

Thanks,
- Sudz

Thanks for that offer Sudz. It's great to see some helpful input coming to the Mission Editor. We appreciate your generosity working with this, because we know that any revenue it generates is small and indirect.

How significant is it when a mission works well in an earlier version of the Mission Editor and with an earlier version of the flightsim, but the identical mission source code and resources lock up with a later version of the flightsim, even if recompiled with the latest editor? That's what is happening to me.

Regards,

Peabody

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 05:10:41 PM »
Sudz, I rebuilt a couple of my missions using the newest ME.  Still the same crashing at the warp.  All segments are verified as completed & there are no events going on during the warp beginning that would be the cause.  In fact, all events prior to the warp are working fine like they did before.  When the mission "crashes" at the warp point, the game just freezes, screen & sound.  Freezes the whole system.  Alt-F4 and/or the Windows key does nothing to get out of AH.  Requires a full system reboot.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
Sudz, I rebuilt a couple of my missions using the newest ME.  Still the same crashing at the warp.  All segments are verified as completed & there are no events going on during the warp beginning that would be the cause.  In fact, all events prior to the warp are working fine like they did before.  When the mission "crashes" at the warp point, the game just freezes, screen & sound.  Freezes the whole system.  Alt-F4 and/or the Windows key does nothing to get out of AH.  Requires a full system reboot.

And dit runs fine from start to finish in the ME?

- sudz

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »
Will check.  I never use that feature when building missions (watching it in the ME) so it didn't cross my mind.  I forgot you'd posted to do that.  Thanks for your efforts Sudz.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus