Author Topic: Convoy pathing  (Read 526 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Convoy pathing
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
I e-mailed support a clip about the convoy pathing across the runways at airfields, (said it was not a bug).  Well I just got nailed again by the convoy while taking off.  This convoy pathing is retarded, similar to putting trees at the end of the airstrips.  You guys fixed that, please fix this.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:59:55 PM by GlassJaw »

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Convoy pathing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
You need to tell them which map and which airfield has the problem. This doesn't happen everyplace, so you can't be expecting them to go to hunt it down do you. The more accurate information you provide, the faster the problem can be fixed.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
It was A91 on the current map in the orange arena... I sent them a vid last time so they have the info.

And you're wrong, as a customer, I do expect the company who I purchase a service from to huntd down and attack problems like this. They know the problem exists, they should not have to wait for complaints.  I dont think thats outside of the relm of reason.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »
You could just do like the rest of us, when you see the convoy streaking near the runway, throttle back and wait til it's clear, or take off in the other direction. I've had convoys and tugboats do the same thing.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »
It was A91 on the current map in the orange arena... I sent them a vid last time so they have the info.

And you're wrong, as a customer, I do expect the company who I purchase a service from to huntd down and attack problems like this. They know the problem exists, they should not have to wait for complaints.  I dont think thats outside of the relm of reason.

Do you have any idea how many terrains we have?

What terrain is it, "the current in orange does no help for us". Whats the name on the map?

HiTech
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:02:37 PM by hitech »

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
Not buying it but ok.

I couldn't get in due to ENY. Squaddie says then name is compello.

What terrain is it, "the current in orange does no help for us". Whats the name on the map?

HiTech

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
And you're wrong, as a customer, I do expect the company who I purchase a service from to huntd down and attack problems like this.

I believe that you are wrong to assume that you have provided enough information for them to track this down and correct.

There are currently 12 main arena maps, for the sake of this argument lets assume that each one has 100 bases with 5 spawn points each. That means that HTC would have to check 1200 bases, or 6000 spawn points for your issue. And don't forget, your issue only happens at a small percentage of spawn points.

Now balance that with HTC working on real issues like, the damage model or upgrading the sound system. I'd much rather they spend their time on that, then your relatively insignificant issue, that you can't even be bothered to provide complete information on.

Or, at the very least, like Gyrene said, just pay attention and don't let it happen to you.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
Not buying it but ok.

I couldn't get in due to ENY. Squaddie says then name is compello.

Thanks, but from the time you post a terrain, to the time we can normally look , we have no idea what terrain has been running.

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »

And you're wrong, as a customer, I do expect the company who I purchase a service from to huntd down and attack problems like this. They know the problem exists, they should not have to wait for complaints.  I dont think thats outside of the relm of reason.

Developers usually mark things to be correct by priority, some bugs aren't as high on the priority lists as others.  This is probably one of those issues that was low on the priority list and rightly so.  It's not a game breaker and doesn't prevent you in anyway from playing the game, so cut the "as a customer..." crap and lighten up.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
lol, nailed again, same field A91 compelo

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »
I've heard so much about this happening, but have never actually experience it, I guess some guys have all the luck.

Trees have never been a big problem, if I hit them I blame myself for a poor take-off.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »
lol, nailed again, same field A91 compelo
Is that the field where taking off in one direction puts you on the runway in the direct path of the convoy? I'm gonna have to go check it out.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
yea i got hit by a convoy a couple times. At first i have no clue what happened but then i just laugh about it. IT really sucks when you're in a perk ride though  :(
SAPP

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
at least we dont have any more flying trucks  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.