Author Topic: considering quitting  (Read 2287 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: considering quitting
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »
The only thing I've found to really change the dynamics of a fight or make its location more memorable than others is a canyon. 
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
I used to feel the same about the maps being the same.  But as much as I like the idea, and a new scene is nice once in a while, I am past it.  I find it's more about the quality of fights and the execution of your sortie, than the maps themselves. 

If you got a new map today, say 3 more maps, how long would you stay interested?  I think you would get bored within 2 months and say, it is boring, same action again.  Again, I think it is the quality of what you are doing that counts.  The sky is still blue, the sun rises/sets the same, the planes still have the same specs, and gv's roll the same no matter what kinda map.

The other thing is once you accomplish what you wanted to accomplish in this game, it is time to move on.  That is only natural.  :old:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:31:55 PM »
I used to feel the same about the maps being the same.  But as much as I like the idea, and a new scene is nice once in a while, I am past it.  I find it's more about the quality of fights and the execution of your sortie, than the maps themselves. 

If you got a new map today, say 3 more maps, how long would you stay interested?  I think you would get bored within 2 months and say, it is boring, same action again.  Again, I think it is the quality of what you are doing that counts.  The sky is still blue, the sun rises/sets the same, the planes still have the same specs, and gv's roll the same no matter what kinda map.

The other thing is once you accomplish what you wanted to accomplish in this game, it is time to move on.  That is only natural.  :old:

if that's the case I will be playing forever :D, because I want to be able to kill every single red guy that attacks me whether it be 1vs1 or 30 vs1
 :rock

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 07:53:02 PM »
New maps and new base layouts would improve things IMO. How many can damn near draw all 3 air fields from memory alone.Why is it that so much work goes into maps for the small scenerios that only last 1 day.Granted sometimes for 4 days,1 each sunday.Yeah yeah I know all about them being made for 2 sides not 3,but really,couldn`t some of these maps be converted.

The difference between a scenario map and a main arena map is a lot more than just adding another side. MA maps have to be more even, have fully working strats, base spacing is different, all kinds of things. A good map maker could build a scenario map or AvA map in a few weeks, but a MA map takes months.

Save yourself some money. Take a break from the game and learn how to build maps. The time you would have spent flying spend building. Once you have it completed and approved by HTC, you can come back to the game refreshed, and they will have a new map up. Win Win right?  :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »
The day someone else's actions or wants, makes me quit, I'll be in a casket.   

Who GAF what other people say, mean or do.   Play your way Vlad.   

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Can i have your stuff?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
Quick question about a map...  Why is ozkansas named that way?  That's always confused me.  I mean really, it's nothing like Kansas.   :D

I have been wounding about that too. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
Can i have your stuff?

ack-ack

Sure, but my stuff will be dirty, dusty and used by the time I no longer need em.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »
I have been wounding about that too. 

if it is wounding you, you should First stop the bleeding, second rush your self..safely.. to the nearest hospital..... :P

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
When the thrill is gone its time to go away for a while.

Come back when the itch gets too bad.

The game hasn't gotten stale, you have. Which is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to many.
So if your going to stay, change, change everything. What you fly, who you fly with, where you fly, and why you fly.

But it would probably be easier to just walk away for a few months till the urge comes back.

The good news is when you reach this point, your a vet, well almost. :)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
if it is wounding you, you should First stop the bleeding, second rush your self..safely.. to the nearest hospital..... :P

LOL, what would we all do without human spellcheck...   :rofl
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:26:03 PM »
Quick question about a map...  Why is ozkansas named that way?  That's always confused me.  I mean really, it's nothing like Kansas.   :D

the map was made and then named in remembrance of a fallen AH Member from long ago......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »
the map was made and then named in remembrance of a fallen AH Member from long ago......

Ahh, now it makes sense.  TY, I've always wondered about that.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »
I don't get a lot of time to play, therefore the game still holds interest for me- specifically, getting together with the guys in our bombers (or whatever), and enjoying the banter on our way to wreak havoc on the bad guys. I'm in it for the comradery.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »
"Would "new" front lines really change this? The action would be still the same... " Please feel free to show me the new maps,lets say in the last 2 years.

TAGMA :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman