Author Topic: 2010 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS  (Read 978 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: 2010 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
X or any locals hitting the parade tomorrow?
I wish, although I'll be watching it on TV.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
I wish, although I'll be watching it on TV.

I am going to record it cuz always better to see on t.v but, I have to make my way down there!  :rock

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
Dont i owe u a cheesesteak or something Xtrepid?  :D

Yeah... delivery?

Hide the maps! :rofl

SGY... I am supposed to go with my son and his gf... take the train... but, they want to walk the entire parade route... they're young.

My ol' donut wants to park near Millennium Park... then it's only a couple blocks to the rally. :old:

Plus... I won't have to do as many "cross checks" on the crowd... on the way there.

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »
Yeah... delivery?

Hide the maps! :rofl

SGY... I am supposed to go with my son and his gf... take the train... but, they want to walk the entire parade route... they're young.

My ol' donut wants to park near Millennium Park... then it's only a couple blocks to the rally. :old:

Plus... I won't have to do as many "cross checks" on the crowd... on the way there.

Ok. My hubby (Nghtmare), the lil guy and I will be there all day. I'll send ya' a pm with the cell numbers so you can buzz us or text where your at and when and maybe we can cross check a few into the curb to meet up. We are looking into the train, may drive early and park by rally point. Not sure yet.

Off to send ya' those numbers   :bolt:

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »

Why did the Flyers fan's boo at the end... was it the call on the goal... or the fact that Chicago won?

If it was 'cuz Chicago won... that's not nice. :cry

Even Detroit fan's gave the Penguins a standing "O" last year... jus' wonderin'... "City of Brotherly Love".

Just youtube "Flyers' Fans."  It's an unfairly wide brush, but Flyers' fans don't exactly have a long-standing reputation for class in the hockey world.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »
Thanks, Guys... question for you Flyers fan's... and no disrespect intended...

Why did the Flyers fan's boo at the end... was it the call on the goal... or the fact that Chicago won?

If it was 'cuz Chicago won... that's not nice. :cry

Even Detroit fan's gave the Penguins a standing "O" last year... jus' wonderin'... "City of Brotherly Love".

Anyway... I thought a great series... few bad calls... few non-calls... for both teams... Good luck next year! :aok

Oh... beer is going to taste better this summer... :D

(Image removed from quote.)

I think it may be a Philly thing.  When the Phillies palyed the Rays, I heard of things that were thrown at the 8 yr old niece of the Rays manager, because she wore a Rays jersey in Phillie.  It is not just Flyers fans.  What other NFL stadium in the country has a jail located in it?
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »
I don't know... maybe if roles were reversed... Chicago fan's would've done the same thing... guess we won't know this year. :cheers:

BTW... I miss the Plant City Strawberry Festival... I used to live in Thonotosassa, Florida.

SHOOT TO THRILL

Offline kotrenin

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »
I think it may be a Philly thing.  When the Phillies palyed the Rays, I heard of things that were thrown at the 8 yr old niece of the Rays manager, because she wore a Rays jersey in Phillie.  It is not just Flyers fans.  What other NFL stadium in the country has a jail located in it?

The old Soldier Field had a lock-up room underneath the stands on the east side.  It had rings attached to the walls so you handcuff someone to it.
He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8  http://one_foggy.tripod.com/sounds/afu_jokeson.wav

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

Phillies fans need some serious anger management therapy. I remember when J.D. Drew came up and refused to sign with them after being drafted, and went to St. Louis instead. The first time he stepped onto the field in Philly when the Cards were visiting they had people throwing BATTERIES at him. I don't think anyone blamed him for refusing to sign with the Phils after that....

The East (and the West, to a lesser extent) Coast attitude in sports in general is absurd. There's rivalries here in the Midwest, (the Cards/Cubs rivalry is the best in baseball. Especially when you look at the line: 1926 - 1931 - 1934 - 1942 - 1944 - 1946 - 1964 - 1967 - 1982 - 2006 vs. 1907 - 1908 :D ) but while we're vocal about it you don't see us ASSAULTING EIGHT-YEAR OLDS!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 07:48:44 AM »
Not all Philly fans are idiots, but it has its share. They even threw iceballs at Santa, and knocked ref out with one at an Eagles game. One idiot recently was in court for intentionally throwing up on an off duty cop and family. Young punk who can't handle his beer i guess. It's ashamed that people do these things at what is supposed to be a fun family outing event.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »
Not all Philly fans are idiots, but it has its share. They even threw iceballs at Santa, and knocked ref out with one at an Eagles game. One idiot recently was in court for intentionally throwing up on an off duty cop and family. Young punk who can't handle his beer i guess. It's ashamed that people do these things at what is supposed to be a fun family outing event.

<S> Oz
I didn't mean to turn this into a Philly fan's are idiot's thing... believe me you... Chicago has it's charmers too. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a youtuber vid of idiot Chicago fans... there are a few... but I found this instead... wish I could have seen this fight fest. :rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ  cool seeing Patrick Sharp at the end.  :banana:

BTW... I am not going to the parade/rally now... short notice, and couldn't get coordinated with my Son and Chicago Mass Transit. :(

I've been hearing that some commuter rail lines are packed to capacity... and just passing up the stations... and a few delayed by an hour or more.

Why it's on a Friday...???

Apparently Chicago doesn't want to pay overtime to their finest to work on Saturday? Just a guess...

SHOOT TO THRILL

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
Hey X n SGY hope you two have fun and wtg on chickago. and once again GooooooooOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS! 2-2 series gettin good.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
Its about time, Nice one chicago!

Next year I predict detroit, as always. What a game that was I hated the Phillies or whatever so I wanted chicago to get that.

:salute Chicago
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »

Next year I predict detroit, as always.
Were going 90's Chicago Bulls on the league, were gonna pull a 3 peat. :rock
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
Our Day Celebrating Downtown with the Hawks ...

Was alot of fun. We were 3 out of 2 million people!