Author Topic: Question about USB Sticks with analog devices  (Read 506 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Question about USB Sticks with analog devices
« on: December 06, 2000, 05:07:00 PM »
My old CH Flightstick Pro is showing its age.
I was thinking about get a new CH USB whatever. I have a CH Throttle and Pro Pedals analog.

Question I have is what judging by the posts here the seems to be 'issues' with USB + Analog. Will I have any??? And what about games other than AH (like Falcon 4)?

tnx
Vulcan

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
USB is the only way to go. Analog is outdated. Once you switch to USB you will never go back.

Now the problems.

There's none with Aces High as they have programmed the sim to easily accept all sorts of combinations of throttles, sticks, pedals, in USB or analog mixes.  Other older games will have a problem with both USB sticks and USB Pedals. I understand that stickworks has a file available to correct this, but I only fly  Aces High (why would I fly anything else???)

The other problem is that currently there is only one company offering a good completed set of USB stick and throttle and that's Saitek. The x36 combo is  a throttle and a stand alone stick in USB. As you can tell by my other posts, this is an excellent product with plenty of buttons.

If you want to CH products you have a USB stick that just wont give you enough buttons/hats etc., so you have to wait until they release their good USB stick. Their pedals are great (I have a set), and I understand they have finally released their USB throttle.

Ranger Bob

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2000, 09:09:00 PM »
Just set up 2 devices under your game controllers section in the control panel. Then map them in AH.

1 device for the pedals/throttle
1 device for the USB stick

should be all good!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group