Author Topic: CH Pro Throttle  (Read 519 times)

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
CH Pro Throttle
« on: October 16, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Anyone figured out how to get the mini-joystick to work with pan mode or any view mode for that fact?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
CH Pro Throttle
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »
At the CON, banana, SharkBait and some others had the Pan view working with the mini stick.

So I know its possible, just don't know how to get it too work.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
CH Pro Throttle
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
Tyro, in the joystick setup within AH, set one axis of the mini joystick as the "view pitch", and the other axis as the "view yaw". Then  within the game, hit F8(or was it F9?) to enable the pan mode, and voila!

All this depends on having the CH HOTAS stuff installed properly in the game controllers applet in Win98, or by using the CH Control Manager. One strong word of caution, however. I spent hours on Friday at the con trying to setup my new CH USB HOTAS by using the Control Manager, but it was conflicting with the direct-x setup buttons within AH. HiTech told me to disable the mappings in the Control Manager(there is a button for this within the control manager), and once I did this, I was able to configure everything from within AH.

I don't think many people realize that what HiTech has done is give us all a powerful direct-x joystick controller setup tool within AH. I was able to setup my CH Hotas from within AH, including the mini joystick on the Pro Throttle. If I were you, I'd install the control manager only for the drivers it loads for your rig, and then go in there and disable the mappings so that you can set it up from within AH.