Author Topic: X52 Joystick burnt?  (Read 762 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
X52 Joystick burnt?
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »
Having a great time last night and all the sudden the LED lights on the joystick only start flashing and joystick stops responding, all movement, buttons, switches have no response.  The throttle portion of the system works fine.  I have uninstalled re-installed the drivers and tore the joystick apart looking for loose wires and connectors.  Still no response.  Ideas or is it just burnt?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: X52 Joystick burnt?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
did you try plugging it into a different USB port? Other than having a bad port it sounds like its dead to me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
As the throttle is working, it sounds like a connection issue between throttle & stick. You may want to check the corresponding cable.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »
did you try plugging it into a different USB port? Other than having a bad port it sounds like its dead to me.
Roger that.  In fact I tried 3 different.  TY Fugitive.

As the throttle is working, it sounds like a connection issue between throttle & stick. You may want to check the corresponding cable.
  Roger that.  Swapped cable end for end and tried a spare.  TY Lusche.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:32:52 AM »
If it didn't come back to normal after a full reboot, replug stick, then I suspect you have a problem.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »
If it didn't come back to normal after a full reboot, replug stick, then I suspect you have a problem.

Yep.  Rush ordered a new one from Walmart yesterday before the DT's set in.  LOL :x

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »
Having a great time last night and all the sudden the LED lights on the joystick only start flashing and joystick stops responding, all movement, buttons, switches have no response.  The throttle portion of the system works fine.  I have uninstalled re-installed the drivers and tore the joystick apart looking for loose wires and connectors.  Still no response.  Ideas or is it just burnt?

Mine does that every time one of the family members moves my throttle out of the way.  The cable is ok, it's the socket on the throttle that is messed up.  Usually goes away by just adjusting the wire a bit.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors