Author Topic: Switching to all USB stuff.  (Read 538 times)

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Switching to all USB stuff.
« on: September 04, 2000, 02:30:00 PM »
good idea??

i got a suncom usb stick i won at a raffle at the WB con last june. now i need pedals and stick.

can i mix and match different companies USBs and still kill wardog??  

i got only 2 USB ports on the putor. do the controls serial connect together like my old 'game port' CH products did, or do i get a USB hub???

in other words..how do u hook up 3 USB components when u only have 2 receptacles???

------------------

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2000, 03:51:00 PM »
Just don't go Win 2000 - USB still doesn't work there in AH.

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2000, 05:16:00 PM »
Each component will need a USB connector. If you get 3 USB controllers (stick, pedals and throttle), you will need a USB hub. I think it's about US$50.

But I guess that will depend on your actual setup.

Take the Saitek X36 Flight Control System USB. It's a stick + throttle combo, and the throttle plugs into the stick (via a gameport plug in the stick). So for both throttle and stick only one USB port is needed. I plugged my CH Pro pedals USB in the other port. (I wish I had won either component at WBCon! Bought both when I got back from the Con.)

Right now, though, there is only one complete USB solution: the Saitek X36 combo plus the CH Pro Pedals USB. Nobody makes a stand-alone USB throttle yet.

Suncom was supposed to release new USB stuff this summer, but it did not. Suncom only has a USB stick, no USB throttle (and it doesn't make rudder pedals).

Note that Suncom has removed any mention of plans for a USB throttle on its website. They did mention a USB throttle in the works when I was shopping for USB gear last Spring.

And I bet the CH Pro Throttle USB won't be released before the end of the year.

I don't think that you will be able to connect the CH Pro Throttle USB to a CH Flight/Combatstick USB, or vice-versa. If you go CH all the way, I think you will need a USB hub.

But right now, it's a moot point. Nobody but Saitek does a USB throttle (X35T), and I think it can only work with a Saitek X36F joystick (both are part of the X36 combo).

Saitek was supposed to release Win2k-compatible software this summer, but I'm still waiting. Win2k USB doesn't work right yet in AH anyway. Personally, I can't wait to ditch Win9x.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)