Author Topic: Anyone gotten the CH Pro Pedals to work as brakes?  (Read 677 times)

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
Anyone gotten the CH Pro Pedals to work as brakes?
« on: August 24, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
I can't seem to get the toe brake function to work.  They are not USB and I am using them with a TM F-16 FLCS/TQS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone that fixes this can shoot me down two free times (not really any great challenge even when I'm fighting back).

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Frost ]

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
The USB pedals are quite simple to setup, don't know about the non USB.
In the select joystick screen, how many axes are shown for your pedals?
X and Y are the toe brakes, at least on USB set...

SKurj

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »
I also don't know much about the non USB pedals, but most people seem to have the same problem when attempting to set up the toe brakes with USB.

Many pilots get confused with the assigning of the x and y axis for both brakes and sticks. Remember that these x and y axis are different for each stick. As a result when you check the pedals to assign axis you want to have the rudder assigned to the z axis as you must know, but make sure you are also assigning the left brake to the pedal control to the x axis input. Then make sure you are assigning the right brake to the pedal control to the y axis input. A lot of pilots fail to check and assign these x and y axis, because they confuse these x and y axis with the x and y axis on their sticks. These are different and should be assigned to the pedal brakes.

The other big problem is that pilots forget to move the toe brakes fully during calibration. Remember to move all axis during the calibration routines, and that includes your toe brakes.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't make sense let us know.

Ranger Bob

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Sorry for the ignorance.  Are you talking about the Win98 joystick setup? Right now my Thrusmaster F-16 FLCS/TQS and the CH Pro Pedal combo is setup as a 3 axis/4 button joystick.  This was the only way I could find at the time to get the joystick/throttle/pedal combo to work.  When I go into properties for this combo it seems to show the joystick using axis 1(x) and 2(y), the throttle using axis 3 and the rudder using axis 4.  Any suggestions.  Thanks for all the explanations so far.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
i did everything and can't get my analog pros ch pedals to work as toe brakes. i can get the rudder working but that's it.

ps - tried aeverything mentioned above and then some.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Can u installl the controllers individually in the win98 controller config utility?
If you can, thats the best way for AH i think.

I believe Rangerbob maybe talking both the win98 calibration AND AH calibration

SKurj

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
If you use analog pedals they have to have two connects to the pc , as in CH Pro Pedals have two game connects to go into your soundcard , plus another game card etc . Or a double game card , say from CH products .

That way you can have your rudder input plus have a x and y for the toe brakes . If you don't have your analog pedals connected twice then it won't work .

If you do then you just use AH setup to select the axis like you do for the USB ones .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Airspro is right on the connections, which is still yet another reason pilots are switching to USB.

The axis assigning I was talking about are in the Aces High Setup Joystick area, but you first need to properly connect you sticks if they are analog. If they are USB you just plug them in and they are correctly recognized by Win98, then you go to Aces High to assign the axis inputs to anything you want.

Ranger Bob

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »
My problem:

I can map everything fine except the mapped controls refuse to show up in the Gaming Options control panel.

:eek:

All this power and no way to tap into it...

~Lemur