Author Topic: switching sides just to locate a cv  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: switching sides just to locate a cv
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:27 PM »
Switching sides to locate CV's, goons, bomber formations, and just to spy out the dispositions is a sign of incompetence IMO. It says that the guys who do (and those that they report to) aren't good enough to beat you without cheating.

Same with second accounts used on laptops (I've know a few who confessed to "previsouly" using that method, and I lost much respect for them).
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
Switching sides to locate CV's, goons, bomber formations, and just to spy out the dispositions is a sign of incompetence IMO. It says that the guys who do (and those that they report to) aren't good enough to beat you without cheating.

Same with second accounts used on laptops (I've know a few who confessed to "previsouly" using that method, and I lost much respect for them).

As long as they are paying for those second accounts I'm all for it. More revenue means a happier Hitech and that is always good.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
I just like being admiral and running around yelling "It's a trap!!!!"

lol  :lol

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »
Switching side to find a hidden cv is lame, so is hiding it in the first place.

People REALLY do this? I know people hide the cv 'cause when I try to move it, some clown always moves it right back, but switch sides to find it. Who would fly with that person? I guess it takes all kinds. :rolleyes:

MajChaos
Current: Slipstrm

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
CVs are the biggest source of shady play and outright point milking in the game. I've lost count the number of times I've seen the opposing side tieing up the SB with a shade account or use their other account to move the CV in position for their bombers.

CV groups may be cool to have and all, but they really cause more problems then anything else IMO. I really don't see the point in defending against them anymore as they can pull right up the the beach and you're in either puffy ack or in 5" gun range.

They really need a high perk cost on these things. They pack a aweful lot of firepower and they're too easy for shady gamers to take advantage of.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
i think they should make u stay a whole week if u switch countries....... switching country's just to locate a cv u can't find is kinda lame an i lost respect for the poeple an person who do that junk yes its just a gameee but  why cheat like that!!

Hmmmmmmmmm.

:bolt:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »
A week is a bit much, maybe just until the map resets.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
Rooks have a CV hiding right now, they also tool TT on NDisles....what are the knights to do but fly 1 1/2 sectors for a fight.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
CVs are the biggest source of shady play and outright point milking in the game. I've lost count the number of times I've seen the opposing side tieing up the SB with a shade account

This may be the new, biggest myth in the game. 

You can't shoot at a cv that is out of the shore battery's arc of fire so you sit and wait while someone whines about the Spiez!1! in the SB.  Then, when it does bear, between the slow rate of fire and missing a moving target, someone is still whining about the Spiez!1! in the SB.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
I've seen it happen bud. Do you actually think that folks that go through the trouble of shooting their your account down, wouldn't hop in a SB?

I'm not saying it happens everytime...but it does happen. Pay attention to where certain squads are and whos on the roster and you might learn a few things. :aok
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:49:46 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
Why hide em?  :noid

Because that's how they're best used to tactical advantage.

A "hidden" CV doesn't necessarily mean 6 sectors away from the action. It might be 5 miles off an unsuspecting base shelling the town, or it might be halfway across a wide stretch of water on its way to the enemy's rear.

OTOH, it might be hidden because the enemy has the port it goes with, you're not in a good position to retake that port just yet, and you have other CVs you can use to attack without risking one that the enemy will get back if they sink it. Why hand the enemy a valuable asset?

I don't understand why some people seem to think applying the most elementary principles of military strategy and tactics (keeping the enemy in the dark about your objectives and capabilities goes back as far as Sun Tzu, Homer, and the Book of Joshua) constitutes dweebery. It's a game and the object is to win, as long as you're not cheating or playing dishonorably.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
Masking a CV's location is one thing.. Taking it out of play and hiding it in a corner is just lame and IMHO, a chicken watermelon move.. It's up to the ranking folks on those country's to rectify that sort of BS.. That said, any lametard who switches sides for intel. of any kind, is a pretty sad sort and probably still lives in his mom's basement..  :banana:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:59:14 PM by Tarstar »

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 07:01:28 PM »
Rooks have a CV hiding right now, they also tool TT on NDisles...

Junky, that is hardly an issue isolated to the Rooks.. Just sayin'..

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
As long as they are paying for those second accounts I'm all for it. More revenue means a happier Hitech and that is always good.

It kills gameplay. Honestly, its quite sad. Some people fell the need to be "the best" at everything they do, even at the cost of their worth as a player and (IMO) the game. If it wouldn't interfere with IP adresses serving multiple (legitiment) playes, I would say HTC limit IP adresses to one account at a time.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing squads being tied to a country. Something like if you are a member of a squad, you can't switch countries for a week inbetween switches.  The only problem is that people would form "squads" on VOX cannels to get around that rule. I have absolutely no doubt of that.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
Masking a CV's location is one thing.. Taking it out of play and hiding it in a corner is just lame and IMHO, a chicken watermelon move.. It's up to the ranking folks on those country's to rectify that sort of BS.. That said, any lametard who switches sides for intel. of any kind, is a pretty sad sort and probably still lives in his mom's basement..  :banana:

You cannot have it both ways.   You support the squads that hide them in Rookland, including your very own squad.   So are you posting just to take some of the "heat away"? 

Junky, that is hardly an issue isolated to the Rooks.. Just sayin'..

It was hilarious busting your lame 15+ formation NOE missions last night.   It was even better shooting down all 3 goons at your squads NOE attempt at V6 last night as well.  

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:40:58 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC