Author Topic: help with new mission  (Read 1289 times)

Offline joohn6

• Zinc Member
help with new mission
« on: June 17, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
I am trying to make a mission where I takeoff, no taxi just take off like you can in the game, because I have no rudder petals.  But I want a offline mission where I can fly in P51-D and Shoot down some JU88s and JU87s.  But I dont understand the tutorial on the mission editor.  I want to use the joust terrain. Could someone help me?
Thanks     

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Re: help with new mission
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »
my 2 cents: Now is a bad time to try learning the offline mission editor.  Wait until it's not broken.

Offline joohn6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
OK thanks

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
my 2 cents: Now is a bad time to try learning the offline mission editor.  Wait until it's not broken.

What's broken on it?

- Sudz

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »
Computer locks up when you hit a warp segment.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
I've asked that if a mission runs smoothly and correctly within the mission editor and still crashes the game, then to send it in.  So far, every one has had problems with the segments.  If you are running an older mission that the original author has not corrected, you will get dumped.  I've put in code specifically to help isolate and problems within the mission.  But with each mission I get, and then correct, the warp segment does not dump the player.

- Sudz

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
I'll make a small basic mission with one warp segment.
If it doesn't work, I'll send it to you and hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong.

Has anything change as far as the procedure for creating segments, or for the entire mission?
A big thanks ahead of time.  I'm sure you can get me going with this

Just thought of this question.  Are people making the same mistakes with the segments or are they various errors?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:07:39 PM by Mato »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
I've asked that if a mission runs smoothly and correctly within the mission editor and still crashes the game, then to send it in.  So far, every one has had problems with the segments.  If you are running an older mission that the original author has not corrected, you will get dumped.  I've put in code specifically to help isolate and problems within the mission.  But with each mission I get, and then correct, the warp segment does not dump the player.

- Sudz

Sudz, I tried to watch a mission within as you requested, but since patch 8 my M.E. crashes on startup:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,290854.0.html
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »
Sudz, I tried to watch a mission within as you requested, but since patch 8 my M.E. crashes on startup:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,290854.0.html
The new ME has been available since Monday - just downloaded it and tested it myself so you should be good to go  :salute

- Sudz

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »
The new ME has been available since Monday - just downloaded it and tested it myself so you should be good to go  :salute

- Sudz

Since June 21?