Author Topic: No Axis for USB Ch ProPedals  (Read 717 times)

Offline Moss

• Zinc Member
No Axis for USB Ch ProPedals
« on: December 09, 2000, 11:00:00 AM »
I just received USB Ch 565F Combatstick and USB ProPedals.  They both calibrate fine in Windows 98SE and in AW.  When I go into the AH calibration setup, the combatstick pitch uses x axis, roll y and dial throttle z.  When I highlight rudder in far left column, then the pedals, (none) highlights in the far right axis column and there is simply no other axis listed for anything, much less the pedals.  If I use the z axis for the rudder, then I have no throttle and the pedals move the cursor in the vertical as though the pedals were the throttle.  Helllppppp
PII 400
128 ram
Asus P2B MB
Viper 550 Graphics
Win 98SE
Ch Gamecard

------------------
Moss

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2000, 11:21:00 PM »
Make sure u have directx 7.0a or higher installed on your pc .

It should look like this , they say a pic is worth a thosand words : I have the left brake highlighted in pic .

My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Moss

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »
Tks for the reply.  I have DX 7a and the picture of what u have is exactly what I have except mine says combatstick.  It doesn't have a separate throttle.. the throttle is a little wheel on the stick..it takes up axis z, the pitch on the stick takes up x and the roll y.  That leaves NO axis for the rudder..when I click on rudder and then the pedals, the (none) highlights for the axis.  With my regular ch set up. i.e., Prothrottle, combatstick and pedals, the rudder is axis  rz  .  That simply isn't available as an option when I do the usb stuff.  Ideas?

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
Ideas ? Yep , think we may be getting closer to the core problem : "I hope"  

"the (none) highlights for the axis"  Ok now :

1. Take your mouse and highlight ,

rudder > CH Pro USB Rudder Pedals > Z-axis then click on "Set Input" downbelow and then click on apply . ( see u have to change the (none) to Z then click it into the game )

That should get your rudders working .

Do the same thing for the left brake , but use the X-axis like in the pic above .

Then thr Right Brake to the Y-axis , all mind you with the CH Pro Pedals USB Rudder Pedals highlighted in the middle .

With multi controlers you have to set each one up separate , IT WON'T do it for you like when you had them all set together on the gameport .

With the brakes I set my dead band up about half way , that makes the planes not want to nose over so easy . Try this   B26 , full right rudder , full right brake and full throttle , you can do dounuts on the end of the runway in the width of it  

Pretty sure thats what going on , if not I ain't got a clue .

gl spro

Offline Moss

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2000, 03:19:00 PM »
Spro my man...you're a genius.  How in the world you figured out that you needed to use the brakes to make the rudders work I don't know but it works!!!!!  I finally got everything up and running, all the button/views working and to see just how steady it was..I went offline, took a f4 and flew through 2 hangers end to end at about 300 ias.  I figured that if I could do that, this was as steady as I needed to be.  I thank you sir <bows deeply>.

------------------
Moss

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2000, 03:32:00 PM »
NP , know how it feels to have problems myself . Glad I could help .

cheers spro

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!http://www.airsquadron.com" TARGET=_blank>

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 12-16-2000).]

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2000, 10:24:00 PM »
I'm having troubles getting the driver for CH ProPedals USB loaded. Error box comes after it says to load win98se disk which says it cant find "hidusb.sys" file.  CH help says to use base5.cab file instead but that does not work either.  Maybe I'm using the wrong path-not sure.  Just wondered if anyone had this problem.  F-16 combat stick usb works good.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2000, 11:12:00 PM »
Do you have directx 7.0a installed . If not try that first . I didn't load anydrivers when I put these peds on . Think the driver came with directx .

gl spro

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »
Yes I have DX7.0a but the microsoft driver kept auto loading instead of the CH driver. I unplugged the pedals and then the CH driver installed correctly-I can use pedals in AH OK.  For some reason CFS2 wont recognize pedals and wont list axis 04(yaw) but I guess thats to be expected with microsoft.  Thanks for your reply.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2000, 08:09:00 PM »
BBGunn , you can't get the pedals listed under the controler assiments in CFS2 ?

I uninstalled the game already but mine was listed alright . But had to reasign the axis for the rudders and brakes ( it didn't do it by itself was all mixed up with two joystick controlers listed ) . It had a drop down spot that listed both joystick and pedals . I set my joystick for the x , y and throttle . Set the pedals to rudder and right and left brake . Check again and see ? Might even save your CFS2.config file and then delete it in the game and see if it won't make you a new one that will see the pedals now that the right driver has loaded ?

gl spro

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 12-17-2000).]

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
Hi Airspro: I ended up finding a somewhat obscure tec page at CH which gave instructions for CFS2.  The rudder works when the 'slider' axis is listed in the change assignment box and saved.  Now they work ok.  Right brake on Y axis and Left on X axis etc.  I enjoy the rudder-seems easier to keep the bubble centered in Aces High when turning than in CFS2 where the bubble [ball] overshoots and bounces around.  I hope to get back in AH online when 1.05 gets going.  Thanks again for the info.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2000, 08:34:00 PM »
Have u tried wells flight model fix for CFS2 ? They are better than the stock ones if you are not going to fly it online . I got the link to them from combatsim.com CFS2 form .

glad u get the rudders working , use the brake when you land the hog and you'll go stright   same as AH

cheers spro