Author Topic: track ir  (Read 2717 times)

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
track ir
« on: June 20, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
if you had a choice would you invest in the track ir or get 3d glasses, son is going to buy me one for fathersday and i would really like some input before hand
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: track ir
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
TRACK IR!  No question in my mind.  I've used stereoscopic 3D available on through my NVIDIA video card, it's the red/cyan glasses.  It'll work on AH, but not perfectly, it's very difficult to fight using them.  The Track IR on the other hand is a blast and a huge advantage (for me at least) once you get used to them.  I never fly without my Track IR but only break out the 3D glasses for novelty sake a few times a year.

Now I don't know exactly what 3D you are talking about though, I know they make more advanced systems than those 3D glasses, any more specifics?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »
I just got TrackIR 5 and while it is taking some getting used to, I am starting to really like it.  The key is to get a good profile loaded up and then tweak it, tweak it, tweak it. 

It was well worth the investment IMO.   :aok
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
Track IR!!!!!

look at my films, all made with track ir
Hardware 4.0 running software 5.0, the new 5.0 have much more sensors, so its is also more precise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05hOOyJ8bUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeCnIbWWlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_LasaURtg

no choice for me, you have to choose Track IR!!!!!!

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
I haven'ttried the glasses but am very familiar with my TrackIR. I love it - no keypad toggling for views...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »
Track IR!!!!!

Great films dhyran!  Do you run something like FRAPS in the background to record your views using TrackIR?  My AH flim viewer doesnt seem to pick up my views now that I've started using TrackIR. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Great films dhyran!  Do you run something like FRAPS in the background to record your views using TrackIR?  My AH flim viewer doesnt seem to pick up my views now that I've started using TrackIR. 

thanks

yeah, i own full version of fraps, i record half screen resolution with 60 frames per second, then i rip it down with my video deluxe cutting programm to an MP4 file. what you see there is exactly my view during the flights. AH film viewer has too much bugs for me, no joy to work with

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
thanks

yeah, i own full version of fraps, i record half screen resolution with 60 frames per second, then i rip it down with my video deluxe cutting programm to an MP4 file. what you see there is exactly my view during the flights. AH film viewer has too much bugs for me, no joy to work with

Excellent!  I use fraps full version but typically dont turn it on until I'm in the AH film viewer.  Of course since the film viewer doesnt pick up trackir movements, that method no longer works.  

Edit:  Is there any way to make the AH viewer see the TrackIR movements?  I like some of the tools inside the AH viewer for reviewing fights, but without recorded views it is seriously lacking. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:26:35 PM by TWC_Jaxx »
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »
Edit:  Is there any way to make the AH viewer see the TrackIR movements?  I like some of the tools inside the AH viewer for reviewing fights, but without recorded views it is seriously lacking. 

Sorry but no, film viewer is not able to pick up track IR movements.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
Jaxx when I'm using the film viewer and no view changes are recorded I just use padlock to watch the film. You have to manually reacquire the bandit when you lose sight but otherwise it works well.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
Track IR!!!!!

Hardware 4.0 running software 5.0, the new 5.0 have much more sensors, so its is also more precise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05hOOyJ8bUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeCnIbWWlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_LasaURtg

do you mind sharing your profile? I've got the same setup but never could get a decent profile setup...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
do you mind sharing your profile? I've got the same setup but never could get a decent profile setup...

sure, send me a pm with your email adress and i will mail my current track ir profile

Offline MajQBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »
Hi Duran I enjoyed look at you films. :O  I to am thinking of buying Track IR but I am concern about aiming at targets does it make it harder to aim.  I noticed on your films when you are going to shoot you seem very still are you using a forward hat view or some sort of center button.  How does it work do you hold it down and tracker does not work until you let go.

Thanks
MajQBall

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:27:29 AM »
Qball just like you said you can either turn it off and on or center in the beginning till you get used to it. You will not want your profile so aggressive at first and as you get better with it you can start fine tuning it.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
You can program the TIR profile to have a little dead zone in the center, or very little translation of head movement to keep your center view steady.  Your hat switch views will also over-ride TIR a bit, so if you hold down your forward view hat, TIR won't move your view much.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals