Author Topic: elv trim issue.  (Read 840 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: elv trim issue.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
WMLute; then that is a bug. Because trim tabs should stay immobile if the system that's moving them is turned off.

Combat Trim is like adding a pilot's skill to rotate the trim wheels in constant-vector flight to keep the aircraft going straight. I'm supposing it's a bit of a weird side effect to have it enabled while dogfighting. But, having that system off should bean that the trim wheels aren't being manipulated, leaving the trim set where-ever you put it.

Personally, I've never seen trim move on its own since I started playing with Combat Trim off. I used to fly with it that way thinking if I trimmed all the way up, I'd turn tighter. :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:26:02 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
They always moved.

You just recently noticed that they do.

I just notice it last night while flying.  I always set my trim when flying and diver bombing.  Last night i had a hell of a time keeping my AC steady as i was dive bombing. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
The trims do not move unless.

1. You move them.
2. You have combat trim on.
3. You have auto pilot engaged.

Run a quick test fly, disengage auto pilot, then press I for a sec, this will disengage combat trim, now fly but do not turn on auto pilot.

You trims should not be moving. If they are you have something strangely mapped.

HiTech

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
The trims do not move unless.

1. You move them.
2. You have combat trim on.
3. You have auto pilot engaged.

Run a quick test fly, disengage auto pilot, then press I for a sec, this will disengage combat trim, now fly but do not turn on auto pilot.

You trims should not be moving. If they are you have something strangely mapped.

HiTech

Me163 trim is a lil off.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »
Found a bug then.

When you hit Ctrl X to turn OFF combat trim (it even says Combat Trim Off in the text bar) the trim tabs move.

But if you hit i like you suggested it does not.

So apparently turning off combat trim with Ctrl X doesn't actually turn off Combat Trim.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
Found a bug then.

When you hit Ctrl X to turn OFF combat trim (it even says Combat Trim Off in the text bar) the trim tabs move.

But if you hit i like you suggested it does not.

So apparently turning off combat trim with Ctrl X doesn't actually turn off Combat Trim.

So, it is not my stick that is causing the issue.  there is a issue with the trim in the game?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
So, it is not my stick that is causing the issue.  there is a issue with the trim in the game?

What I did is went offline and watched my elevator trim indicator when I nosed up and down.

I did it first with combat trim on and the indicator moved.

Then I did it after hitting Ctrl X to turn OFF combat trim and the indicator moved.

I then manually trimmed by hitting the Down Trim i key once (to turn off combat trim) and the indicator did NOT move.

If anything it would seem there is a problem with Ctrl X turning OFF combat trim.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
WMLute did you get the message "combat trim off" when pressing ctrl x? If not i believe you have remapped the key. I just ran the same test with ctrl x and all worked as expected.

HiTech

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »
WMLute did you get the message "combat trim off" when pressing ctrl x? If not i believe you have remapped the key. I just ran the same test with ctrl x and all worked as expected.

HiTech

Yes I verified that I got the orange message.

I will pop online now real quick and triple check this.

(edit:  Ok, here is what I just learned.

If you are using X Auto Level and turn off Combat Trim Ctrl X, you get the message that Combat Trim is OFF BUT when you disengage auto level it turns back on again.

You have to break off auto level to turn off Combat Trim.

So oak, if you can, next time you are up make sure you are NOT using Auto Level (X) when you turn off Combat Trim and see if that was what happened.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:16:39 PM by WMLute »
— George Patton

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
oakrange, make sure the box Auto combat trim is not checked under Preferences/ Flight before you take off. Then combat trim will never come on.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
oakrange, make sure the box Auto combat trim is not checked under Preferences/ Flight before you take off. Then combat trim will never come on.

It is not check, i used manual trim.  I did see you message about what to do, however, i default my setting and will re-assigned everything later today.   You might be right that i will have to remap the key for it. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group