Author Topic: I SAY....PERK THE BIG BOMBERS!  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: I SAY....PERK THE BIG BOMBERS!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
Thats a bad thing?  This is a sim right?  how many B17's or Lancs or any other 4 engine bombers went in during the day less then 25k?  Perking these bombers even at 30 a formation would at least reduce the number of "gamers" upping lancs to dive bomb a GV.  It may actually force these guys to learn how to fly and bomb correctly, or "historically"

It can be a bad thing for several reasons.
It's not really a sim when it comes to gameplay. If you want to force guys to fly "correctly", why only for buff drivers? I say: Perk all fighters too That will teach them to fight historically instead of furballing close to the ground.  :neener:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

It can be a bad thing for several reasons.
It's not really a sim when it comes to gameplay. If you want to force guys to fly "correctly", why only for buff drivers? I say: Perk all fighters too That will teach them to fight historically instead of furballing close to the ground.  :neener:

You mean they didn't really fly between buildings like in the movie???   :O

Its not really a sim at all......  But it is a fun game.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
91st Bomber Group, peeing in your pool since 2009.

Now I know why my pool is having sooooooooooo much trouble getting clear this season.  Wait a minute, You've been peeing in the wrong pool as I'm a Bish you tard you! ROFLOL :noid

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
the only way i would agree to perking the heavy bombers, is that any plane with an eny of 15 or lower should also have a perk price.
this would only be fair to all.

dhawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 02:50:35 PM »
Now I know why my pool is having sooooooooooo much trouble getting clear this season.  Wait a minute, You've been peeing in the wrong pool as I'm a Bish you tard you! ROFLOL :noid

All the Best...

Jay

Whoops   :uhoh

In our defense it's hard to tell who's pool we're hitting from 20,000ft.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
I'd be happy with a more complex targeting.
See Rule #4

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:42 PM »
I'd be happy with a more complex targeting.

Like the manual bomb site used in the AVA? Bet buff use would fall through the floor if they used it in the MA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »
Like the manual bomb site used in the AVA? Bet buff use would fall through the floor if they used it in the MA.

I'm not so sure about that. It will take a hit (players switching to good ole 110g), but fall through floor? IMHO probably not. It's a thing relatively easy to adapt to. (MA was actually using this setting years ago)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

I doubt it.. Manual calibration is not that hard.. In fact I'd prefer it in the MA to the cheesy auto cal. currently used..  :rock

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
I doubt it.. Manual calibration is not that hard.. In fact I'd prefer it in the MA to the cheesy auto cal. currently used..  :rock

I'd like to see it also, the laser guided system now is too easy and i do my bombing in the SBD. :D

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »
I think the problem with the bombers isn't the bomb load, it is the lack of good targets for the bombers. Right now, the only way they can effect game play is to hit airfields. If that was to change (ie strats being re-hashed), I think you'd find less porking at airfields.
Maybe put a city near a large airfield, or 10 perks for a set of buffs. Single bombers not effected. Just throwing ideas out there.

Maybe 30 perks for wingman in fighters. Get shot down hit enter keep fighting hehe, wishful thinking. :D :rofl
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:17:03 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 05:20:23 PM »
Yes I know it takes away from the fun of the dedicated bomber dudes but you guys should have more than enough perks to keep a good stash of bombers in the hangar for all kinds of flights.

By perking them into the 60 points+ per flight range (starting cost would be 20 points per plane in a formation) that should eliminate some of the whiners on the new radar settings. While I don't agree with the settings the only way for HTC to truly address this is to turn the planes like the Mossie and 110's into bombers and not "attack/fighter bombers" and perk the crap out of them. Plus you actually have to return the plane to the ground to get your points...no more of the dash and die bomber crap.

Yeah its not very well thought you but so be it.
I don't believe HTC should have to address anything. The ones that are complaining need to address THEIR issues.

The new guys need the big bombers unperked so they they can take part in the game and still feel like they're having some kind of impact in the game.
IMO this new dar setup is just want was needed to get the AR234 out and about. No need to change a bunch of stuff in the game just because of a radar change  :rolleyes: Just use your head.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:47:51 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »
B29 should be perked......I just haven't found it in the hanger yet but I know its here somewhere....when the heck is Betty going to get all her crap out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
999000 <S>

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
I don't believe HTC should have to address anything. One ones that are complaining need to address THEIR issues.

The new guys need the big bombers unperked so they they can take part in the game and still feel like they're having some kind of impact in the game.
IMO this new dar setup is just want was needed to get the AR234 out and about. No need to change a bunch of stuff in the game just because of a radar change  :rolleyes: Just use your head.

Well said, it's the end of the world every time HTC changes something; eventually everyone adapts and forgets exactly how the change has ruined the game.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
I'm not so sure about that. It will take a hit (players switching to good ole 110g), but fall through floor? IMHO probably not. It's a thing relatively easy to adapt to. (MA was actually using this setting years ago)

I learned to bomb with the old method. Still wish (after six years of easy-mode) we had it back.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"