Author Topic: USB Pro Throttle open beta  (Read 1402 times)

MF

USB Pro Throttle open beta
« on: December 13, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
Hi I'm "MF" Marketing dweeb for CH Products and member of the "MOL" squad.  I have a question for you guys and I want you to treat it with respect.  I have two more days left before I leave CH Products, I am moving on to another occupation.  I have supported our on-line combat community for 6 years now, for the cons and such.

My personal project has been the USB Pro Throttle,and the 568 Combatstick USB. I fought long and hard to bring these to you guys. The hardware is done and circuit boards and chips are being duplicated.

CH Products has been thinking about releasing an open beta to AH pilots only, as Hitech and crew has built in support for the new USB Pro Throttle.

.....this is my last wish.....as I fall from formation.....

"if you wish CH Products to release the USB Pro Throttle early to AH pilots email fran@chproducts.com and let her know that you would want to purchase one before the release."

The 568 Combatstick USB with 8-way hats, and the Fighterstick USB is also very close release.

That's all for me, it's up to you guys now!
Check six and keep'em flying
MF *MOL* (Major Fireball)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 12:42:00 PM »
 Email is on the way to Fran. Thanks "MF"!!!!   For me it really depends on the price of the Pro Throttle but I've been drooling at the thought of some day having a CH USB Pro peds, Por throttle and F16 'Fighterstick"
 I have all those already, albeit in the regular gameport versions.

<S> , best of luck and much success in your new career choice!!

-Westy

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 01:18:00 PM »
I'm in.

Hey MF, thanks for putting this together.  Hope the new career gives you some more time for flying.  

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
Oh YES I have already sent a mail   . Hope they do the same for Fighterstick USB  

Me, I am with Westy. Nothing compares to CH and if we get USB, no more spiking probs. Unbeatable.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
I think I got a 'Thanks, but no thanks" reply.
"Subject: USB Pro Throttle RELEASE INFO
 Thank you for your recent inquiries on our USB Pro Throttle.  We expect to begin production on this highly anticipated product by the end of January 2001, when our driver software is complete.
 Pricing has not yet been established, but we will notify everyone when it becomes available.
 Thank you for your patience and for your continued support!!
 Best regards..."

-Westy

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2000, 09:57:00 PM »
Email's already been sent    Salute to ya MF, and I hope you have much success in your new ventures.  It was a pleasure meeting and working with ya when I did, and I hope to see ya again sometime!

SOB

BTW...I still owe you for one lapdance!  My C.O.'s mom is ready and willing whenever you are!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

MF

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2000, 01:01:00 PM »
Typical CH response they are always late. They fired me yesterday after I made the post.

SOB, I'll be waiting for that lapdance....

CYA UP,
MF

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »
Ahhh don't let it bother you MF

Your first lapdance at the Con next year is on my tab  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

funked

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
I look forward to buying one of these when they come out...  But I don't pay to beta test.  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
Damn MF       Fired you because of the post or just an untimley coincidence?

As for what Funked said paying for to beta test. I would not mind testing the equipment at if I bought it at cost. Not full retail though. My time and effort is worth something too - and so is thier equipment.
 I email CH as to what thier email back to me really meant and Debbie said it was "More of a "Thank you, we'll let you know" response.  However with the firing of MF my desire to test just went down the tubes.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 12-14-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2000, 02:34:00 PM »
This may have had something to do with it:

I have two more days left before I leave CH Products, I am moving on to another occupation.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2000, 02:42:00 PM »
post removed 'cos it was just me airing my ignorance.

[This message has been edited by Dinger (edited 12-14-2000).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
Stick with Saitek X36 combo and CH Pro Peds,all USB. Learn it and you won't go back.
And it's available today!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
CC that Eagler!

I waited a long time for complete USB HOTAS set from CH, but in July could wait no more. I bought the X36USB (with CH Pro Pedals USB too), and I'm really happy with the gear.

And I was even more happier when Bob Church released a driver to make any rudder pedals compatible with the X36USB in all "multiple usb controllers-challenged" games bare one (EAW).

Now, the only thing I wish for is for my gear to work in AH under Win2k.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2000, 06:27:00 PM »
CH is far superior in terms of ergonomic design than the x36. On the fighterstick for instance, there are four easy to reach hats; none of which uses slippery plastic with poor "threads" on them. Everything comfortably within thumbs length even if you like me have a small hand.

Lots of throw, and no added resistance through the rubber thing the Saitek uses. I.e incremental resistance artifically added by the rubber thingy.

On the throttle, once again it's ergonomically designed - three hats right off the thumb. No matter if you're at full throttle or chopped, the positions remain the same. Normal buttons are placed directly under fingertops.

Speedkeys might be a less advanced program than saitek gaming extention, but it is also far easier to use. Add to that that with a Pro throttle you can program *any* stick that's connected to it - pretty good.

CH also has longer throw, which means more accuracy. Some dislike the lack of resistance in the CH sticks; I think it's perfect.

On the saitek stick, there are two "rolling thingies". One placed at thumb position. Below it and to the left there's a 4way switch and to the left of it another button. Try keeping the same hand position and reach all of those while going full throttle and then chopping throttle. it can be done but is strenous.

I really wanted to like the x36 - hell, I spent good money on it. But to me at least, it seems as much energy has gone into making it look good, and less into making it ergonomically well functioning.

That's my take on the x36 - feel free to disagree. I just feel that I should voice these concerns because at least to people similar to me, it's just not good enough.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"