Author Topic: Help me help you  (Read 638 times)

Offline darxe

• Copper Member
Help me help you
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
This is kind of a rant in regards to situational awareness but hopefully it will help out some peeps in the MA.  I was thinking about this the other night as this guy was saddled up by a spit and kept calling over the radio “help, help”.  The problem was he was not doing anything to help himself.

So just a little tip about situational awareness, if you are getting help from someone, you have to help them too!  Seems backward right.  You need to do the best you can to give your rescuer a shot at the bad guy.  Many times while trying to save someone, I have been limited because the person keeps turning into me.  All this gives a rescuer is a snapshot or a HO as you and your pursuer zip past in the other direction.  Now the rescuer is facing the wrong way and has to turn around, lose E and may not be able to catch back up to you.

Just think about the angle of everyone around you.   1st Unless your rescuer is already close, don’t pull away from your rescuer because it will take long for them to catch up and you may not have that long.  2nd don’t turn into your rescuer because then you limit them to a snapshot and a single shot because after the pass they then have to turn around to help. 

Helpful hints:
-- Try pulling the pursuer at a 90 degree angle.  This will give them a change to turn in behind your pursuer and get some shots off.
-- Communicate with your helper.  Tell him your plans.  Now don’t over communicate with a play by play but simple statements of your intentions.    “pulling right”, “diving to the deck”
-- Be aware of your rescuers state.  If they are in firing range maybe try to hold the pursuer on a straighter course so your rescuer can get a better shot.
-- Stop complaining on the vox.  Remember people take their time and energy to help you.  It is an honor for someone to help you not a right!  Especially when 9 times out of 10 you got yourself into the situation.

Basically do everything you can to allow your rescuer the best chance at clearing your six.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Help me help you
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »
And you as the "saver" can use the same tools by calling over the radio which direction you need him to drag, when to pull him into a rope, or when to break and which way. It's all about good communication !  :aok

Offline darxe

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
 :O  You mean listen?!?  That's crazy talk.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:06:46 AM »
And you as the "saver" can use the same tools by calling over the radio which direction you need him to drag, when to pull him into a rope, or when to break and which way. It's all about good communication !  :aok
That's exactly what I was thinking. More times then not if I tell a guy that i'm diving in on his con, he'll break straight back into me causing me to have to pull up and reset again. And then he'll break back into me yet again!  :lol I reckon they want me to ho their con which puts me at risk of getting shot down before the guy I'm trying to help does. :rolleyes:
I've found the best way is to just tell the guy to break right, left, up ...whatever. And I usually give him my distance away from his bad guy and how fast I'm closing.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
+1
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...