Author Topic: Thanks again Agent360  (Read 5206 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Thanks again Agent360
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 02:28:09 PM »
I guess you should just auger immediately after you get bored when someone won't fly the way you have the advantage.

Zoney flew to his advantage.  Just because he can't shoot like Grizz and get a kill in 2 minutes is no reason to ragg on him for taking so long to get the kill.

Usually the "bored" pilot in a faster plane would run away....

wrongway

Agent has the right to "ragg" on him just as much as Zoney has the right to fly however he wants and to whine about being ragged on.  That's my only point.  

Everyone is quick to point out Zoney's rights; I am just impartially and objectively pointing out Agent's rights.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
Bottom line:
Zoney is eating steak tonight
Agent is steak tonight
:rofl
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
I guess you should just auger immediately after you get bored when someone won't fly the way you have the advantage.

Zoney flew to his advantage.  Just because he can't shoot like Grizz and get a kill in 2 minutes is no reason to ragg on him for taking so long to get the kill.

Usually the "bored" pilot in a faster plane would run away....

wrongway

I've done that before, quite a few times actually.  Get bored waiting for someone who wouldn't commit, but wouldn't go away either.  Auger in and move on. 

Once you get to a certain level of "skill" I think the game is tough to enjoy.  I didn't enjoy flying 'competitive' planes because it was to easy to get kills, but I didn't enjoy flying the crappy planes because you get timid bumblediddlys in uber-planes that can't fight but also won't go away.

Of course, from their perspective it is a gut-wrenching, nerve-wracking, awe-inspiring and amazing fight.  Much like the 8v1 can be enjoyable to some people, I guess. 

I'd dearly love to be able to come back and enjoy the game, but every time I come back I get disgusted again after a weekend of the same crap that I got tired of in the first place. 

Maybe one day :)...

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »
Agent has the right to "ragg" on him just as much as Zoney has the right to fly however he wants and to whine about being ragged on.  That's my only point.  

Everyone is quick to point out Zoney's rights; I am just impartially and objectively pointing out Agent's rights.

It just sounds more like a veiled whine to me.

"I'm not going to survive this, so I'm bored."

More of an insult to someone who fought to their strengths.

Sure, 360 has a much right to whi... I mean ragg on someone as the next person.

Huzzah ch 200.   :rock

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 02:59:06 PM »
I've done that before, quite a few times actually.  Get bored waiting for someone who wouldn't commit, but wouldn't go away either.  Auger in and move on. 

Once you get to a certain level of "skill" I think the game is tough to enjoy.  I didn't enjoy flying 'competitive' planes because it was to easy to get kills, but I didn't enjoy flying the crappy planes because you get timid bumbletwittles in uber-planes that can't fight but also won't go away.

Of course, from their perspective it is a gut-wrenching, nerve-wracking, awe-inspiring and amazing fight.  Much like the 8v1 can be enjoyable to some people, I guess. 

I'd dearly love to be able to come back and enjoy the game, but every time I come back I get disgusted again after a weekend of the same crap that I got tired of in the first place. 

Maybe one day :)...

That sums it up quite well... still addictive somehow, go figure. BUT sometimes, if a skilled/experienced opponent is left, he usually knows when you just want to go home and will let you go. And that's REALLY good sport.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »
I've had this 1 vs 1 type of dogfighting style many times, 109-k vs a 109-f ?  anyone is going to fly their plane in the way it does best, no one is a gentlemen and going to turn fight with an aircraft they know they cannot beat.

this is how dogfighting is not balanced, what fun is it to fly against something that is far more superior such as a k4 vs a 109f with lower horse power ? unless you get a lucky shot, what good is the fight going to be ?

compair it to a racing car game, would you race a GTO against a nascar  :lol, it would be so dumb. (GTO favorite car !!!) and a (SS  :D). that's how it is when you do a 1 on 1 with 109-k and 109-f...

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
I've had this 1 vs 1 type of dogfighting style many times, 109-k vs a 109-f ?  anyone is going to fly their plane in the way it does best, no one is a gentlemen and going to turn fight with an aircraft they know they cannot beat.

this is how dogfighting is not balanced, what fun is it to fly against something that is far more superior such as a k4 vs a 109f with lower horse power ? unless you get a lucky shot, what good is the fight going to be ?

compair it to a racing car game, would you race a GTO against a nascar  :lol, it would be so dumb. (GTO favorite car !!!) and a (SS  :D). that's how it is when you do a 1 on 1 with 109-k and 109-f...

By this reasoning there is no point in flying anything but a Late War plane in LW.

I guess those ten minutes of eveding, looking for a shot, were just no fun.

Ferrari GTO vs Nascar?
(yeah, I know... Poncho)

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
It just sounds more like a veiled whine to me.

"I'm not going to survive this, so I'm bored."

That's because it is human nature to see other people’s situations and/or reactions to situations from the perspective of your own past experience.  Yes, you probably would have eventually died in that situation, but it  looks like Agent was going to run the guy our of ammo eventually since it had already lasted for 10 minutes.  From my perspective and based on my past experience, he did just simply get bored.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
By this reasoning there is no point in flying anything but a Late War plane in LW.

I guess those ten minutes of eveding, looking for a shot, were just no fun.

Ferrari GTO vs Nascar?
(yeah, I know... Poncho)

wrongway

Hmm ? known as a goat (GTO) big print on its butt bumper  :D. never hate a old GTO he-he-he...

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »
    I enjoy these fights, but they can get boring. Atleast the BnZer in this case kept fighting. The worst is when the BnZer breaks off when he sees a friendly and only comes back in when that guy starts fighting his original opponent. I think you lose rights to the fight once you break off. Atleast give the new guy a chance to see what he can do.

There are 3 types of BnZer. The one that cant get the shot and eventually breaks off. The one that says "Fak it..Im gonna kill this guy, makes one mistake and pays for it. And the 3rd, the most dangerous type is the guy who can ride the edge. Attacking often, always saving a little more E than the opponent. Never fully committing, just attack attack attack, but always being in a position just over the pipper of the opponent on his way back up.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:27:57 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »
This is a 109-K down below.....

This is a 109-F down below..... which one is better ? and don't count the looks !  :lol

ooohhh daddy, love that gto above !!! got one sitting in the shop, need to get it fixed and ready to drive !  :aok
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:33:56 PM by Buck »

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
Let's call that law The Pwnstitution.
I'm going to celebrate Pwndependence day this weekend.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »
PLEASE !!! no more pictures ! I'll go car nuts, honestly i love cars that much.. muuuhahahahaaaa. anymore pics ?  :D

Oh wait, I'll get some !

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

Nothing like a old fashion car  :).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:05:08 PM by Buck »