Author Topic: Thanks again Agent360  (Read 5465 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks again Agent360
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
Australian Style 1973 Ford XB GT-351.

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 08:38:54 PM »
This is now a Car thread.

:noid

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »
This is now a Car thread.

:noid

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Infinitely more interesting don't you think? I See a lot of rule#1 & #2 violations coming very soon.

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »
Infinitely more interesting don't you think? I See a lot of rule#1 & #2 violations coming very soon.

Probably.

THREAD BACK ON TOPIC! *WHOOSH!*

He is using 200 banter against you.

He is in a far less superior plane. Much better turning radius.

He is trying to intice you into a turning fight with him do he can destroy you on the deck.

Never take muppet banter seriously...  :noid

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
Hmmm! I saw NO whiiine from the OP, naming Agent was less than cooth but so be it! Everyone has been in the situation that BOTH of them were in. It can be very frustrating when you are the low less "motor heavy" plane and your opponenent just won't bite on your bait. That said, if zoney was able to corral Agent all by his lonesome even though he couldn't deliver the tater as a 7 month newb then that is impressive indeed! 7 months is barely enough time to learn the keyboard :aok  Then again 7 months is NOT enough experience to corrall Agent so I'm not so sure about the 7 month quote!!  sounds suspect to me!

The k4 is the "cats meow" and quite UBER so I'm sure Agent knew he was going to do nothing with you while you maintain energy and a nose up, so WTG you flew it very well for a 7 monther but it would have been sad from a 3 year plus gamer   ;)   

no longer doing this-->  :joystick:      :salute

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
But its countless effort just to get someone to pull their E down and altitude. Almost not worth the time to bother with such a dogfight.

I often find those type of fights to be the most fun, and most satisfying.

To auger in, or allow yourself to be shot in order to end the fight is admitting defeat, IMO.  I'm in it to win, even if I'm at a disadvantage.

Also, I find those type of fights to be some of the most useful when it comes to learning skills which pay large dividends. 
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »
In 1. and 2. you must have meant as long as you agree with the way they fly. :headscratch: A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? just sayin.

Hypocritical? Not at all. Don't you see that I have seen the light? I'm on the side of you and your ilk. I agree with all of you bleeding-hearted, tear-streaked faced, defenders of the poor persecuted players who are ruthlessly and cruelly abused by people like Agent. I have subscribed to your very argument that you and yours trumpet time and again - ad nauseam. I am saying that everyone has the right to fly how they want to fly.

I am not the hypocrite here. The hypocrite is actually you and yours. You say that everyone should be able to fly how they like but actually you don't mean that at all. What you mean is that everyone should allow you to fly how you want to fly - something that I agree with actually.  However, I would like to point out that almost invariably, if people fly different that YOU then they are attacked and maligned - by you and yours. This case with Agent is a perfect example. Agent decided that he wanted to FLY straight and get shot down. According to the philosophy that you preach he should be left alone to do just that. However, here we see him being portrayed by those of your ilk as a big, bad meanie pants because he flew his way. So see, you are actually the hypocrite.

BTW, I'm glad you brought up NOE. I appreciate you taking that out of context and bringing it to this thread because NOEers provide another prime example of this kind of hypocrisy. I can't even begin to count the number of base-taker-NOE-win-teh-war guys I've heard announcing that they are going to take out hangers to kill a furball because they can't get anyone to help them win teh war, aka fly their way. It happens all the time. These are the "live and let fly guys". They don't want those pesky furballers to fly the way they want if they aren't helping teh war effort. Hypocrisy I tell ya! Hypocrisy.  But it's okay when you do it.

Just let Agent fly how he wants and leave him alone, you meanies.  :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 09:32:00 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
I cannot believe Ghana lost the darn game.

semp

btw agent is right 10 min to bnz and no kill?

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
BTW, that black car up there underneath the red one with the license plate xbracr is smurfy.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline tokenjo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
Mad Max ... smurfy?

IN

token

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
Sounds to me like Agent was flying so as to avoid being killed, vs having a chance to kill his opponent. I also enjoy fighting the high/safe BnZer from time to time. The key is to not just foil their attempt every time to where they get discouraged and leave, but instead to let them stay on your six. Usually after a very gentle turn, they won't break off. As they follow, the E states gradually even out. As they draw closer, start turning a bit tighter. If they're going faster, then they'll start blacking out before you do, so use that as a way to judge how much he can turn before blacking out. Just keep drawing him in, and when he gets to guns range, a normal reversal can be initiated. If the opponent breaks off, levelling your wings and climbing immediately is the fastest way to even out E states.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
However, here we see him being portrayed by those of your ilk as a big, bad meanie pants because he flew his way.

I thought he was being portrayed that way because of his machismo on 200?  The way he flew was complimented, actually.  If there was any negative slant inferred, I don't think it had anything to do with his flying...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
I thought he was being portrayed that way because of his machismo on 200?  The way he flew was complimented, actually.  If there was any negative slant inferred, I don't think it had anything to do with his flying...

Yup.  Spot on.

I guess it's actually another "don't tune 200" rant?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2010, 12:18:03 AM »
I often find those type of fights to be the most fun, and most satisfying.

To auger in, or allow yourself to be shot in order to end the fight is admitting defeat, IMO.  I'm in it to win, even if I'm at a disadvantage.

Also, I find those type of fights to be some of the most useful when it comes to learning skills which pay large dividends. 

Had some dandys with you :salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 01:04:26 AM »
Heya Zoney,
to help you out with how your encounter went with Agent in your opening post,I would suggest the following.....

Start with what Filth posted in Reply #24 regarding the 3rd type of BnZer..... you posted you was extending nearly 3K away before reversing..by doing this you was gaining no ground and actually giving up ground to Agent to come back and recover or even increase his energy state for your next pass on him..... once you begin your BnZ attack most times anything beyond 2K extending is very wasteful on your part...,

next take what Filth posted regarding the 3rd type BnZ'er and mix it in with what MtnMan followed up with in Reply #50 about "always be in it to win it......and finish it with what TonyJoey mentions in Reply #55 of this thread.....

work on these and as others have said, do not let others "get inside your thoughts" from 200 rants... psychological manipulation is just as much a part of on-line air combat simulation against another human as having very good BFM/ACM ability's/knowledge.... learn to block those rants out of your mental picture when in a dogfight in-game.......

and you will find yourself improving each day you move forward in your learning process.....

hope this is of some help....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC