Author Topic: 46 rounds in tiger...No kill  (Read 764 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: 46 rounds in tiger...No kill
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »
I  started to film after the 20th round, in I did move around the tiger and tried different angels,still  'No joy"   =V= :banana:

The 75 M3 gun is a very weak one. See it's performance here: http://gva.freeweb.hu/weapons/usa_guns5.html
And then keep in mind the Tiger has 80mm armor even on the rear...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »
Big123, side shots are possible, but they must be flat against the armor, and from very close. Rear shots are easier, but still yield little beside damaging the tiger. I haven't had the patience to see how many rounds it takes to kill a tiger from the rear at point blank range. So far, I've gotten upto 47 rds before I got bored and quit. Once you have him disabled, try my method and I guarantee you will see results.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »
Last two nights I've had my Tiger killed from the side with one shot. I think an M4-76 and a pnzr but not sure. But shooting back i've never killed a Tiger with one shot. A couple of days ago all my shots from a tiger on one tank went thru him with no affect. Another tank finally killed him.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »
(i know we are talking about the tiger here) but my record for kills in thr 75 is 57 (somthing close to that) and all these shots were to the side and rear of other tanks panzers,other M4's,firefly and all of them basicly in one shot so how weak is the gun REALLY then??
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »
so how weak is the gun REALLY then??

See link I provided above.

And you may compare those tanks side/rear armor thickness to the 75mm M3's armor penetration as well as the Tigers
The Tiger has 80mm of rear armor - That's what other tanks of the period had as frontal armor!

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »
(i know we are talking about the tiger here) but my record for kills in thr 75 is 57 (somthing close to that) and all these shots were to the side and rear of other tanks panzers,other M4's,firefly and all of them basicly in one shot so how weak is the gun REALLY then??

Still very weak. Most frontal shots on the M4's and T-34's are impossible. The panzer is the only tank that has most of its front vulnerable to the M4(75).
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
not only were most of these shots at the wrong angle but i also saw you start shooting the turret's frontal armor in the video :rolleyes:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy