Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 9074 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »
He isn't kidding and he's merely casting light on a facet of game play.

I'm sure he's NOT kidding.

But I find it ironic that he is using the same statements that guys who did noes were using against their detractors.

In that case, THEIR statements were deemed "ridiculous" as they did not promote combat.

Vuching promotes combat?? LOL
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »
vulching is now equivalent to sneak attacking an undefended base?  I dont think so tim...

I have killed PLENTY of people vulching a capped base either by spraying them in a OTR IL2 or getting into a gun.  When neither of those work I either up a GV.  If worse case go to nearest field and spawn a nearby GV and just fly over and kill the cappers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:54:05 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
I'm sure he's NOT kidding.

But I find it ironic that he is using the same statements that guys who did noes were using against their detractors.

In that case, THEIR statements were deemed "ridiculous" as they did not promote combat.

Most of the "NOE crowd" have been getting their butts handed to them Boner.   You rarely see them and their "whack-a-mole" BS in the Arenas.   Now that they are forced to "fight", you see them dropping like flies.  

Multi-bomber NOE raids take Zilch in the skill department.    The extended radar now assists the defenders of this even further.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 03:53:42 PM »
dang and I thought most MA maps had over 250 bases, and if one is getting vulch I can't fly. Go figure  :mad: :mad:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
vulching is now equivalent to sneak attacking an undefended base?  I dont think so tim...

I wouldn't expect you to think so, Tim.

Vulching takes as much skill and promotes combat just as much as taking an "undefended" base. Tim.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »

Vulching takes as much skill and promotes combat just as much as taking an "undefended" base. Tim.

Hmm combat takes 2 planes 1 enemy 1 friendly.

NOE attacking undefended field one 1 country.

So you were saying?

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »

So you were saying?

HiTech

:cheers:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
Tim, thats ok, I have a blast doing both regardless of what you think takes skill or not lol

At least it is player versus player eh  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
ummm still way off topic but i still think radar should be reduced to 15 miles. this should prevent over lapping of bases other than that love the new radar set up
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »

So you were saying?

HiTech

Could people up to defend them? YESSSS
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
ummm still way off topic but i still think radar should be reduced to 15 miles. this should prevent over lapping of bases other than that love the new radar set up

If this happens (which it won't), then the Arenas once again turn into "Whack-a-mole NOE undefended base takes".    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
If this happens (which it won't), then the Arenas once again turn into "Whack-a-mole NOE undefended base takes".    

I would add...

Now that Radar is so much more important, do we agree that the hardness setting needs to be bumped up a bit?

Nothing drastic...  say 1k?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
I would add...

Now that Radar is so much more important, do we agree that the hardness setting needs to be bumped up a bit?

I agree.   But then they'd find another thing to whine about.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »
I would add...

Why is it more important?

If any, it is less due to that friggin overlapping dar circles

And what I had noticed since the dar changes... that many times there was only a bigger battle, after several /all dars in the vicinity went down.
I have the feeling (can't prove that of course) that many are quite reluctant from upping at a base that puts them on enemy dar the very moment they raise the gear. OR to defend a base from the enemy horde that has full dar coverage over the vulched base.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Why is it more important?

If any, it is less due to that friggin overlapping dar circles

And what I had noticed since the dar changes... that many times there was only a bigger battle, after several /all dars in the vicinity went down.
I have the feeling (can't prove that of course) that many are quite reluctant from upping at a base that puts them on enemy dar the very moment they raise the gear. OR to defend a base from the enemy horde that has full dar coverage over the vulched base.

The Widowmakers enjoy doing this.   I find the La7 with 50% fuel can really piss people off, especially if the vultchers, let it get their goon.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC