Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 9116 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »
Well, I did try that with you the other night and shot you down and all you did was whine.  Frankly, you're rather lucky that we weren't near your base because I would have vulched you just to

You mistake my banter for whining. Must I really type "lol" at the end of every sarcastic comment?  [I whine to my county mates on vox, gave up doing it on 200 months ago] But you are right you were the lone vulcher. My point is if the others did that too, you would have quickly found yourselves alone, per your own advice for us to go to another field. This plan results in time wasted and no fun for anyone. in my opinion that is not good plan.

So, you coming in with an altitude advantage and picking others while they fight is a 'fair fight'? 

No, picking is not very 'fair', but again falls under the 'what is the current situtation' heading. In a furball, it's fine. If you come across two guys in a nice dog fight and drop in a pick the bandit? Your friendly and the bandit will be pissed, and with good reason I think. But as you stated quite clearly, pissing people off is your objective. Mission accomplished.  :salute

...oh wait....LOL.
Who is John Galt?

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2010, 11:34:15 PM »
So is an NOE base take then since there is ack and someone upping sometimes lol

some of those trees can be really tough,,,and i have always said the ground in AH is modeled way to high,,lost many a ride with poorly modeled ground which leaps into air destroying my plane and ruining my score,, i think high tech should make the ground soft and bouncey,,the trees should all be removed and cones should be placed around all buildings with bright flashing lights so they can be avoided..

and that Dedalous guy,,he's pretty scary too,,,maybe cones and strobe lights around him too,,,ack ack,,,well he can be scary but i find that when i do hit the ground,,he's right behind me,,so no biggie....

did i mention score is a waste of time,,just go have fun...
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »
Can you see the vulchers from the tower? Yessss.
Can you move to another field? Yesssss.
And who should suffer for your choice?

HiTech

watch somtime from tower, all you'll see getting vulched is new players. maybe 1 vet trying to time lift off when newbies dying. Think for sec new players thinking this game sucks u can't even get in air. this is true cause the type all the time "Need help were being killed on runway,NEED HELP NOW! Vh dead hangers about dead base deacked up now to save base". And I think some of vulchers might have friend or squadie upping other side cause they up bombers bail out of them as guys ping only and rinse and repeat.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »
You know rod you got to use your brains in this game.  That goes for n00bs too.  I see way too much whining and complaining lately from people who should know better.  Its just ridiculous.  People moaning about fairness and expecting others behave in a manner that benefits themselves.  All in a war game.  Just too much whining.  Its like the red planet estrogen in here.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »
You know rod you got to use your brains in this game.  That goes for n00bs too.  I see way too much whining and complaining lately from people who should know better.  Its just ridiculous.  People moaning about fairness and expecting others behave in a manner that benefits themselves.  All in a war game.  Just too much whining.  Its like the red planet estrogen in here.

You're probably right about too much whining, but your point about "expecting others to behave in a way that benefits themselves" missed the point. The advice and argument for the restraint from vulching is to benefit both parties.

you can lead a horse to water.....

oh wait...LOL
Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »
:rofl

Be nice and before you argue, check at least definition of combat.

Good for you. Now try to remember at least tiny bit of what you've forgotten. Meanwhile I'll learn some more.

burn...

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
I think some of vulchers might have friend or squadie upping other side cause they up bombers bail out of them as guys ping only and rinse and repeat.

:noid
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »
Reputation is the only currency that truly matters in Aces High.  Fighter score... eh, it's pretty good for what it tries to do, and the fact that it disproportionately rewards vulching is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
Yup so true.  If you log in and more than 2 people that are not in your squad say hi,  then you are an awesome. Player.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »
Yup so true.  If you log in and more than 2 people that are not in your squad say hi,  then you are an awesome. Player.

Semp
One of the reasons I stopped playing in LW was because I could play every day in there and rarely ever get shot down by the same player twice.
Had a hard time developing motivational grudges.....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
One of the reasons I stopped playing in LW was because I could play every day in there and rarely ever get shot down by the same player twice.
Had a hard time developing motivational grudges.....
Well, when you pick-n-run and never slow down. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »

Fair play is better play.  :salute

FAIR???   The Fair is some place where you eat peanuts and step in monkey poop.  You want FAIR, buy the ticket and try not to step in the poop!  :bolt:

:rofl

<Salute>  Sorry I couldn't resist.   
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
I am surprised by the fact that HTC thinks Vulching is cool. surprised and disappointed.

on the other hand I am NOT surprised ACK thinks its an "art-form" considering the self righteous/holier then thou/Ive been flying this game since before you even began playing these type games/illusions of grandeur/ECT ECT,   drivel I have read from him.

vulching is the lamest activity one can do in AH.
plain and simple no matter how ya wanna slice.

it's like starting a game of chess, and your opponent can only use pawns while you get all queens.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »
If you get vulched more then once at the same field.......it's your own fault.  :old:

yeap.. and as much as i hate vulchers, and try to ruin their vulch with ack,  I am the first to vulch if given the opportunity.

now on the other hand, when there's 20 guys orbiting a deacked -- and all hangars down and smoking on the field, looking for a nonexistant vulch..  :rolleyes:

the best way to stop vulchers is to quit feeding them.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

Semp

Ease up Semp. Levi earned and deserves his rep.