Author Topic: A night in the life of a vet who came back  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: A night in the life of a vet who came back
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »
  Yes the game has changed since you were last here. Would you be interested if NOTHING had changed? Instead of logging off walk away from the computer for an hour and come back, timer expired. Never do I have a problem finding a fight. The Timer was put in place to prevent spies from switching countries to gain info thus affecting game play for others.
  The game is not just about you or what you want to do it's about the community. You should have upped against your squaddies and said "hello I'm back!"

:airplane: This game has always frustrated noobs  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
Hmmm I was able to use takeoff with a fully loaded F4U when I joined 5 years ago....  :headscratch:

Me too, but I could be lying if I said I had never augered a heavy hog off a CV  :lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
One day back, one frustrating experience and it's all bad in here?  Be a little gracious, recognize that there are reasons for the restrictions you encountered, have a little patience, and try it again.  I'm kinda jealous you found some fights in the WW1 arena.  Since you are probably a bit rusty that could have put you back in the rythym of flying again, and yes it's different, maybe hard even, but you could have been flying there a little longer untill the other arenas dynamics were more condusive to you flying with your squaddies.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »
Me too, but I could be lying if I said I had never augered a heavy hog off a CV  :lol

Used to be that a fully loaded SBD was the only thing auto-takeoff couldn't get off the carrier, regardless of flaps.  Hogs it could handle, as long as you threw some flaps in.

I haven't tried the SBD since the thrust adjustment was made.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
so sorry I didn't know the secret country-switch bypass option. It's not that important to me to fly every day and figure out how to bypass whatever game mechanics HTC has put into place.

I don't fly everyday either, hell look at my stats over the past few months. I'm also waiting for that itch to fly again so I can come back and play more than twice a month. That problem has been post in the bug forums numerous times. Instead of complaining about it, you could have post something in the bug forums along the lines of

"I switched countries in the blue arena and after my 1hr time limit was up I jumped into the other LW arena but it said that I still had 58 minutes until I could switch countries again. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it?"

You would have then received a response telling you the same thing I did, if you're getting annoyed by little things like that maybe its just not your time to come back to the game.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
heya Mustaine & RTR, one thing is for certian......

the way people reply to other's posts has not changed one bit has it  :D
( and people wonder sometimes where all their old friends went? just look at the responses to this thread )

hope you both give it another go..... maybe next time might be more fun  :aok

:salute  :cheers:

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »

the way people reply to other's posts has not changed one bit has it  :D
( and people wonder sometimes where all their old friends went? just look at the responses to this thread )

hope you both give it another go..... maybe next time might be more fun  :aok

:salute  :cheers:

It looks to me like the responses have been quite civil albeit maybe not helpful as we are not sure how to help your friend, and only one person resorted to namecalling, mustaine.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:49:17 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »

the way people reply to other's posts has not changed one bit has it  :D

hope you both give it another go..... maybe next time might be more fun  :aok

:salute  :cheers:

In your old friends second post in this thread he calls a fellow player a "moran", which I'm sure we all know he meant "Moron".  Appears to me nothing has changed over the years.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »
he probably called him a moron for suggesting his squad didn't like him.  I guess name calling is worse than insinuating less than desireable ideas?  also not in good taste. fairs fair, whatever, maybe time to move on from he said she said.  Statement is true, same old board :D

hope to cya round mustaine.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:14:24 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »
One thing has remained pretty common in my time here, I have good nights and bad nights.  Some times things just click I find good fights, I fly well and all is right with the world.  Other nights I'm lucky to make it off the ground in one piece, I can't keep the plane in the air and there isn't a decent fight to be found anywhere I look.  

I doubt there's anything that HTC or the community is going to do that will change, sometimes I can turn a night around with a little silliness a favorite tactic of mine is to get a gunner, hop in a B5N and go find a mob of bad guys and see how long I can stay alive that will usually put a smile on my face and make for a few good laughs which goes a long way to improving my demeanor.

It's good to see another familiar name back in game, I hope one bad night doesn't discourage you too much.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
he probably called him a moron for suggesting his squad didn't like him.  

Nope, he called me a "moran" because I suggested he ask his squad to switch sides for an hour to fly with him.   :lol

Oh, so I should ask my squad mates to switch from the country outnumbered more than 2-1 to the country with the highest numbers just because I'm stuck there? I wouldn't be much of a squaddie if I did that moran.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
Take-off and landing the best part of the game for you?

Doesnt really seem to effect game-play......at all

just sayin...

A smooth cv landing is always fun for me.  Dunno why, but it is.

EDIT:  I also get a good laugh when people ask how I got a P-38 to spawn on a CV.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »
Been here since 04. The more this places changes the more it stays the same. I understand the frustrations, but in your case mustaine, its not always like that. We always will have sensitive to critisism chest thumping morons here and every where, still have good and bad nights, and it will never be as good as we think it used to be. Just like everything else in life.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 06:30:49 PM »
Been here since 04. The more this places changes the more it stays the same.

We always will have sensitive to critisism chest thumping morons here and every where, still have good and bad nights, and it will never be as good as we think it used to be. Just like everything else in life.
why must you insult people by calling them morons?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
No worries.  Just made me wonder as I bumped into a fight the other night with Muppets shooting Muppets.  Having been killed by squaddies on the other side more then once myself......:)

the absolute best fights are always with my Muppet brothers, very recently I had a fight with one, (mind you I had no idea a muppet was in that K4)I was in a KI84 he was in a K4, a great fight ensued I had E and ALT at start of fight, I was trying to be aggressive but reserved at same time, after a couple of attacks I knew the guy was good, it went on for a bit more, him trying to negate my E, me trying to kill him without losing E, I eventually gave the con a shot, while I missed all mine...he didn't....Kappa shot you down....
 I knew as soon as the shot landed it was a Muppet on the other end, figured it was Grizz  :lol   nope.