Author Topic: MAN&RPM  (Read 3022 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: MAN&RPM
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »
in this cartoon arcade adventure  the only control we have is the throttle to control a mixture of fuel / air flow to the engine. 

Seriously Traveler, you keep throwing your "arcade" & "Gamey" word around alot.....well dude this is not REAL LIFE....... but it is the best damn compromise from all directions to give people what they need to feed on and enjoy ( no not talking about your need to feed on what is arcade, or what is gamey )

The Original OP wanted to know how to control RPM. 

Yes, the OP wanted to know how to control RPM, and this very indepth discussion has given him his answer many times over.....

Manifold ( ie... Throttle ) increase :  use the  = key

Manifold ( ie... Throttle ) decrease:  use the  - key

RPM ( prop Pitch ) increase  : use the NumPad  + key

RPM ( prop Pitch ) decrease : use the NumPad  - key

unless you want to go in and custom keymap these features to your HOTAS system.......

also, hitting the P key ( WEP ) will over ride the RPM setting and put it back to Full RPM

In this arcade game presented by Hitech Creations there is times when throttling back ( reducing manifold pressure ), and changing prop pitch ( adjusting RPM ) will be needed to reserve fuel, to prolong flight / stay on station. this is more important in the Main arena's where fuel burn is set at 2.0 x's ..but is also just as important in special events like Scenario's and FSO's even though fuel burn is most times set at 1.0 x's......

when one's plane is damaged and is leaking fuel they can change their tanks and run the fuel out manually to keep the plane balanced or if leaking oil, leaking water..... one can cycle their engine on /off to keep the plane from over heating ( temp going in to the red & pegged ) and prolong their flight / distance before the engine siezes up and stops

adjusting manifold pressure, adjusting RPM, watching the temp guage when engine is damaged...... is very much important in this Arcade game created by hitech Creations.....

hope this helps...

nuff said
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »
In real life, you are 100% correct, in this cartoon arcade adventure  the only control we have is the throttle to control a mixture of fuel / air flow to the engine.  For that matter it controls the vacuum created below the throttle valve,  that sucks the  fuel / air mixture into the combustion chamber .  With no mixture control there is only one way in the game to not have a fuel / air mixture controlled by the throttle.  That being to be out of fuel .  The Original OP wanted to know how to control RPM.  I think the subject has been hijacked enough.

Well, strictly speaking, IF we were speaking about the cartoon world (and I think you are just using it as a way to avoid admitting your error) the "throttle" in the game doesn't control cartoon fuel air mixture.

It just changes a number.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
Cha Ching! Then perhaps you can explain. ACP know's a crap ton of info about flight, help a aeronautical engineer in training out.  

I never meant to degrade anyones answer.

Oh and by the way,  a lil info about yourself may help in your sig. I have no idea that OldMan  has a HP endorsement...is he also a CFI? Dichotomy you can STFU since you are "just returning".

Dud...

I'd like to apologize for the perception of the tone of my post.  I like to help people out when I can.  That said I'm really not a fan of being told to STFU especially on this board.  Granted I haven't earned your respect to date and, at this point, probably never will.  But I do believe I've earned it regardless of how long I've been away from the game. 

I'll refrain from offering you advice henceforth.

To quote a legend.. my regards. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute