Author Topic: Into Thin Air  (Read 1548 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Into Thin Air
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Here's a stoopid idea....seeing how we have the Aces High Extreme Air Races...maybe an Extreme GV race should be organized. A race that loops around 2 different base towns as an example. :x

I belive they have jeep races already.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »

Splendid Loved it all   :salute  :salute  :rofl  :rofl
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline FelixSteiner

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
this has motivated me to do my own expedition. Where was this exactly? I wanna act like Edmund Hillary. :pray

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »
   I just went on a lone jeep expedition on Trinity map. Rolled out of V82 and headed west to find a route over the circle of mountains. Had 2 supplies with me and knew Id need em. After a long ride uphill I saw white mountains rise up in front. Looking at the map I saw a lighter shade of green and assumed it was a lower alt route so I headed for it.

Reached the heighth of the land 19,400ft at a place I dubbed Foggy Pond, its an area where a pond looking area is filled with fog. Its just north of the spawn lines from V82 headed west, near the area I drove through. Then I started down the other side.

Going up was easy. Going down I rolled countless times but somehow kept getting lucky with gravity and landed wheels down. I got caught in a weird terrain thing that acted like a black hole. I couldnt get out for 15 minutes...finally I did. I decided to drive to A138. I rolled once when I bumped a lil roll in the terrain at about 10 mph and used 1 supply. Then I made it to the VH at A138 and shut her down. Took about 1 hour 40 minutes.

Was a pretty cool adventure, that would be better with a bunch of drunk squaddies Im sure.

Thanks for the idea <S>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:52:46 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~