Author Topic: Im new, cant get off the ground!  (Read 600 times)

Offline imanoob

• Zinc Member
Im new, cant get off the ground!
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
I just installed the trial for Aces High, and i cant get my planes to move, at all. Im on the runway, i put the throttle up on my Joystick, and nothing, i press the '+' button and NOTHING.  :cry

I can only get ground vehicles to move around, and thats by pushing the joystick forward.

What am i doing wrong?

p.s. - im using a logitech attack 3 joystick.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Im new, cant get off the ground!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
First, read THIS and do it,
then read THIS.

Offline imanoob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
Thanks Fugitive!

Hopefully ill get up and flying soon  :rock

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:19:07 PM »
Thanks Fugitive!

Hopefully ill get up and flying soon  :rock

Once you start to get the hang of flying circles and crashing into the ground, visit http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Has everything you would need, if not, give a holler here.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
Feel free to ask around on the board. There are plenty of people willing to help newer pilots.
Good luck.

Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
Welcome to the game.  :aok

If you get any flak for being new and asking questions PLEASE ignore it. There is a certain amount of "hazing" that goes in the main online arenas....you might even find yourself the target of me ranting at you some time...hehe...even so just forget it.

And DONT HIT "alt f4" if they tell you...that shuts the game down...heheh but it is funny when it happens and the new guy re logs and the ch 200 banter starts.

Post in here if you can and you will be sure to get good answers.

:salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:50:21 AM »
so imanoob any luck thus far?  It's frustrating as all get out when you first start.  Well actually it can be frustrating for a long time but there are a ton of guys and some women here that are willing to help you out.  If you're somewhat reluctant to ask questions on the boards you can pm me and I'll be happy to share my thimble full of 'knowledge' with you. At least I can get you off of the ground.  Getting back on safely? Well.... maybe :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
Well I can give the best advise for landing, point your nose down and when you see yourself in tower, SUCCESSFUL LAWNDART.... Oh hey that's my name... LOL just kidding. The best advice is go to the trainers website and read up as much as possible then hit the TA and practice some. Look for Ghost in TA he is helpful as an extra leg pon a flea infested dog. (No offence Ghost you tha man)
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Welcome to the game.  :aok

If you get any flak for being new and asking questions PLEASE ignore it. There is a certain amount of "hazing" that goes in the main online arenas....you might even find yourself the target of me ranting at you some time...hehe...even so just forget it.

And DONT HIT "alt f4" if they tell you...that shuts the game down...heheh but it is funny when it happens and the new guy re logs and the ch 200 banter starts.

Post in here if you can and you will be sure to get good answers.

:salute  :rofl agent

:aok
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!