Author Topic: Turning With CH Pro Pedals  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Turning With CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
and being 'nut's' is a problem why?

:)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
I go barefoot and use only my toes. I find this way I'm not putting input in when not needed. I would scale some till you get used to them, I use scaling so that you don't put to much input in the beginning. Mine is close to FUGITIVES. You will learn to fly with the peddles and wonder how you ever flew without them.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
Spent all day yesterday just using the Fighterstick and not having the Pro Throttle even plugged in, yet.  To get a better feel for the rudder pedals, I bypassed the Auto Takeoff feature and take off manually.  Landing is interesting.

For what it is worth, set your RPM on the stick throttle wheel. If you switch off engine to conserve fuel for landing (when not enough fuel to get back with engine running all the time) you can adjust the RPM down and it acts like feathering the prop. Glide improves very noticably. don't forget to turn it back up when you restart the engine for landing or when you get too low! To try this out set the aircraft in autoclimb and shut off the engine. It will settle into a glide at speed for best climb. Then adjust the RPM and see the difference!

I frequently use a side slip to get down quickly, i.e crossed controls with full rudder one way and enough aileron to stop the induced roll. Uncross the controls when you have scrubbed off the excess height.

Offline set a wind at ground level to enjoy crosswind take offs and landings , learn to kick off drift or use the one wing low method! - I don't think the wind is enabled at ground level on line as things like PT boats get blown around and you can't exit them because you have to be still!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »
What is the proper procedure to turn using rudder pedals in conjunction with using the ailerons?  Is up elevator also employed in the process as I turn?

Would a tutorial within Microsoft's Flight Sim be useful to employ with Aces High?  I remember one of my Microsoft Flight Sims had actual people tutors to walk me through the basics of learning to fly; think it was the 2002 package.

I’m a CFI with over 25 years of teaching new students , what the pedals are for.  Yes, any tutorial including Microsoft’s on the use of the aircraft controls, elevator, ailerons , and rudder and how they are responsible for flight control (the four fundamentals)  would be helpful.
To understand why the rudder, find out about
1).  Adverse aileron yaw.
2). PFactor
3). Gyroscopic precession
4). Yaw
5). Slip

When asked the question, what makes an airplane turn,  remember to answer; “Roll & Lift”,  it is not the rudder .  Yes, you can if you have enough time, force a change in direction of flight if you stand on the rudder long enough it will turn, but that is not what the rudder is for.  From within the aircraft, it is basically used to keep the ball centered.

Hope this helps
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes