Author Topic: Points for Creativity  (Read 882 times)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Points for Creativity
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
A month or so after the radar range and height changes, last night, there were some interesting missions upping on the Rook/Knight front in LW Pink. 

I got to attempt to defend against a D3A raid, an Il-2 raid and a P-40E raid.  I switched to Rook in time to get in on a second D3A raid.  All were good fun.  There was a  one classic AH moment when I went through the cloud of Il-2’s in an I-16.  Subway gave me a check six.  It should have been “Check 1,2,3,4 …12.”  I’ll have to remember to record next time.  I haven’t seen that many ho’s since Amsterdam.  Regardless of the futility, it was novel and fun.

:salute JRJolly a.k.a. Jolly01 for running creative missions. 

If this is a direct result of the radar changes, then I am liking them more and more.

It seems that HTC has a clue about what is fun. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Points for Creativity
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

If this is a direct result of the radar changes, then I am liking them more and more.

My thoughts exactly.  I always said that if radar was taken down to 65 feet, we would see a lot more P40s in the air  :noid
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
I have fun taking out P40B's, C202's, I16's etc. Many people underestimate the planes and they do pay for it. :)

Glad to see some more fun missions ran.

A few weeks ago I just shouted out on country "Anyone want to wing in P40's?"
Next thing you know I'm coordinating a mission for about 8-10 guys in P40s. Hehe :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »
I never even got to the 25 D3A's through the cloud of F4Us and F6F's.

A+ for creativity.

C- for the hoard.

Getting vulched by seven Vals is... different.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »
My thoughts exactly.  I always said that if radar was taken down to 65 feet, we would see a lot more P40s in the air  :noid

people didn't change the way they fite just because of the dar change.  Dar changed and that is all, what we see now is more high alt hording than normal.  before you would get 10-15 guys in noe raid in town.  now you see 30+ bishops coming with alt taking base after base and if they see any resistance, they just move to another base.  look how they took the SE in pink.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
C- for the hoard.
people didn't change the way they fite just because of the dar change.  Dar changed and that is all, what we see now is more high alt hording than normal. 
Hordes are a player issue.  I was getting frustrated Saturday when trying to defend several bases that were flattened/taken in succession.  My frustration was that there were maybe five defenders upping despite ample warning.  I'll even accept that few sit around waiting to launch, but after the fourth base, the numbers should have evened out.

Hordes are going to happen.  I don't understand the lack of counter horde operations. 

Anyway, a whine has been self-recorded.   :cry
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »

Awww thanks bud!! Just wait till next sunday! gonna be even more fun!  :aok :neener:

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »

+1

I almost never do missions but these were fun.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue