Author Topic: Intermediate amouts of fuel  (Read 2251 times)

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Intermediate amouts of fuel
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »
I dont know if this has been wish for already. but i was simply wondering how practical and worthwhile the ability to be able to choose the amount of fuel beyond the 1/4 intervals.  Im not being able to assign the exact % of fuel you want though that would be neat, but might take more effort to "coad''.  Simply maybe even have the fuel selection be in interval of 1/8th would be useful I think...what do you guys think.  Or is 1/4 intervals of fuel good enough?

DISCUSS

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Intermediate amouts of fuel
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
 :aok

It would be great if you could type in the amount of fuel you want in each fuel tank.
Perhaps leave the basic option for the new guys (25%, 25% ect..) and have an advanced option witch allows you to type in the amount of fuel in % of gallons.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
Amazing how the main arenas spawn so many unusual wishes.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »
It would be kind of cool to have the ability to really plan out your flight before hand and do the math for how much fuel you would need.

However, I can understand how that is more of a flight simulator thing rather than a combat simulator thing, the game just isn't designed around that style of play.  I've got FSX for that.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:12 PM »
33%, 66% or 100%   :rofl

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
33%, 66% or 100%   :rofl

that would also be a good alternative in addiction to what we have now 33% and 66% 

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
It would be kind of cool to have the ability to really plan out your flight before hand and do the math for how much fuel you would need.

However, I can understand how that is more of a flight simulator thing rather than a combat simulator thing, the game just isn't designed around that style of play.  I've got FSX for that.  :aok

Yeah but this is till a simulator. It maybe a combat simulator but you still need to plan your fuel to get to the target, do what ever it is you got to do, and get home.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »
+1 on this, provided you don't have to type it in.  If there were a slider that you could drag to set the amount of fuel, I would far prefer that.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
Whats wrong with climbing out in the opposite direction for a few more minutes? Gets you more alt and you can head in with the amount of fuel you want.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »
I'm with minke on this but still +1...

I mean seriously. take the extra 5 minutes to climb another 5k feet...you'll need it
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
Yeah but this is till a simulator. It maybe a combat simulator but you still need to plan your fuel to get to the target, do what ever it is you got to do, and get home.

Have you seen what I do:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,283993.msg3592819.html#msg3592819

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
+1 on this, provided you don't have to type it in.  If there were a slider that you could drag to set the amount of fuel, I would far prefer that.

If you put a slider in for the fuel, please also add a text box input so I don't have to use the slider.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
Have you seen what I do:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,283993.msg3592819.html#msg3592819

I just use an E6B (A real one, with a lot more features than AH2 one).
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »

I mean seriously. take the extra 5 minutes to climb another 5k feet...you'll need it

It depends on the aircraft, that extra 5 minutes in a Mossy will be extra 15-20minutes and extra 20K
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn