Author Topic: Individual Sounds in Update  (Read 11051 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Individual Sounds in Update
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
Do not mess with the .res files!!!  :O

Either do a search or post here for assistance with getting and using sound editors...
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,71.0.html

Or grab that blank wav file that Baumer posted the link to and put it in the sounds folder, then rename it to whatever sound you want muted. You can use multiple copies of the same file as long as they are all named differently.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
By blank I mean a short recording of silence.
Anyone else have Simon and Garfunkel playing in their head now?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
Great so now instead of the simple method of adjusting sliders in game... we now have to do some editing of game files with third party programs to get the stall horn and the air raid siren volume turned down.... great so much for easy customization...

And if some idiots are worried about people gaming the game(as if this dosent happen already, and as far as gaming the game goes i would be LEAST concerned with people adjusting their sounds that are comfortable for them)...dont allow users to adjust certain sounds such as the engine or what ever else.  You paranoid losers who worry about of all things the sounds, when you have these idiots who spawn GV at bases only to end sortie when the bombs start dropping and you worry about people adjusting sounds for their own comfort???

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »
The easiest way is to download a program call audacity (it's free) and change the recording level as you like it.

You can get it here; http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

This is an issue that, we the community can address, (especially if it helps HTC move forward) it might be annoying in the short term, but it can be fixed by us not HTC.

Here is a "Blank" sound file for everyone to use if you need it. Just replace XXX with the sound effect name you want to make quiet.

http://332nd.org/dogs/baumer/BBS%20Stuff/XXX.wav

Thx Baum  :aok

Maybe we can get together sometime soon and you can help me configure some of this.

:salute

PS: that comment in the TA,I hope you know I was joking....... :o

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
By blank I mean a short recording of silence.
Anyone else have Simon and Garfunkel playing in their head now?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
"Worse change of all time, of all time."

So in essence you'd rather have them keep it as it was, and limit any new sound effects being developed?

"Limiting the continued development of the game, now that truly would be the worst change ever."

This too shall pass,
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
They can't retain the ability to adjust individual sounds because the list of sounds is now longer? :headscratch:

If I have to, I'll make with the audacity, but I really think it should be there.  Del's idea about an 'Advanced' tab I think is perfect for the situation.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
The easiest way is to download a program call audacity (it's free) and change the recording level as you like it.

You can get it here; http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

This is an issue that, we the community can address, (especially if it helps HTC move forward) it might be annoying in the short term, but it can be fixed by us not HTC.

Here is a "Blank" sound file for everyone to use if you need it. Just replace XXX with the sound effect name you want to make quiet.

Thanks Baumer, the blank sound file works like a champ.

:salute

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 04:07:29 PM »
Please put the individual sounds slider back in.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »
So in essence you'd rather have them keep it as it was, and limit any new sound effects being developed?

"Limiting the continued development of the game, now that truly would be the worst change ever."

This too shall pass,

No, but taking away the effort I've spent customizing the game sound levels to my needs significantly reduces my enjoyment of the game.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »
The longer this thread gets the more i like Miles. I flew for who knows how long with all sounds maxed out before i realized you could turn engine sounds down that once i did it felt very gamey. I think I like this.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
I for one need a quick guide to messing w/ game sounds.

Don't need a ton o' detail I just not messed w/ 'em for years and years.

I need to know where to place/get the sounds I want to drop the level on or use the blank for.
(location, file structure, etc...)

Sound is a HUGE part of my game and over the years I have mine tweaked just how I like it.  If that means spending a few hours messing with sound files so be it.  I like others just wish you'd kept the sliders in there.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »
given a little time i am sure someone will create a sound pack with some softer lower level of sounds like the siren and others just like they always have!  the new stuff is awesome,, it is just a little loud thats all!
 the siren needs changed tho, that is were a good bit of fighting will be happening, and it is hard to hear anything other than that thing blaring away!
the flap sounds and gear are another problem i have noticed  on one plane  they work at full throttle but not at any other setting.
I also need a guide to figure out what sound system to use!   is there a guide with the miles system some were else ?  (yes i could look myself  and i will now that i have asked) :salute
Flying since tour 71.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »
where do you find the folder you put the file in?  The only folder I find has 1 file in it "cleaned"  and that is the only folder that says "sounds"
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

Thanks!  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song