Author Topic: Congrat HiTech--Best Ideas Since New Coke & Pepsi Free  (Read 2514 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Congrat HiTech--Best Ideas Since New Coke & Pepsi Free
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
WTG guys!

The audio is so bad and tinny squaddies cant even understand each other on VOX.  We had to use text.

The new map layouts are so convaluded that no-one knows where the previous objects to drop are.  Nothing looks like it did yesterday so you can be looking to drop ords and kill troop barracks instead.

You can't adjust any game audio individually per sound like before so you can even have it so loud you can't understand anything or so low an NME tank can be smoking a cig right next to you and you won't even know it.

Squeekers on VOX sound so bad and high end it's more like scissor tips on glass than it ever was.

In a plane, if you drop the rock concert like audio to a reasonable level you have no clue when an enemy plane is near you.

The landscape is swirreled with CV group shell smoke so bad you cant tell what is shooting at you and not.

Nice Job!

I'm guessing your marketing consultant had a corinary a few months ago.

ROX

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
Re: Congrat HiTech--Best Ideas Since New Coke & Pepsi Free
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »
 :aok +1, (without all the sarcasm) :huh
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:54:23 PM »
     One of my favorite parts of Aces High is that it is constantly changing.  Most of the time I absoutley love every new patch or arena adjustment.  On the rare occasion that I disagree personally with a change (and I do not think i can remember that time)  I always have new options, and gameplay to explore.  I hope it never gets stagnant. WTG HTC!

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »
:aok +1, (without all the sarcasm) :huh

My aplologies for any sarcasim.  I did radio for 26 years so it's a force of habit.

ROX

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
     With new miles sound, I would suspect that some adjustments may be needed for vox to work perfectley.  Much in the same way a new flightstick needs to be tweaked from the original settings.  Perhaps that is your problem with vox?

As for the other audio problems you appear to be having, remember EVERY single sound can be individually adjusted to suit your preferences.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
remember EVERY single sound can be individually adjusted to suit your preferences.
not anymore. The only way to change it up is to mess with the sound pack... way over my head.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
They also loaded new clipboard maps with the new field layouts, all you have to do is check before you start your bomb run.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
My aplologies for any sarcasim.  I did radio for 26 years so it's a force of habit.

ROX
Tis O.K. with me. I was a D.J. and K.J. for several years after the Navy in my own business. Was just agreeing with the distaste of the new patch in regards to the sound and VOX issues. Didn't want the company to think I was aligning with all you were saying the way you said it. Nevermind, for me the update SUX! :rofl :bolt:
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Sound issues are a major bummer. 

But new field objects and layouts, that's cool.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
Sound issues are a major bummer. 

But new field objects and layouts, that's cool.
:aok +1

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
Guys you need to play with the settings . When I first ran the test version my sound was crappy too . Try setting vox on headphones , environment and effects on speakers .

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
I hope Hitech rethinks the Miles sound.The engine blasting my eardrums,takes away from all the other sounds.I can't hear on vox very well.I don't think upgrading the sound was that big of an issue.If it ain't broke.....The streaking rounds from the CV group is a way bad idea.The only artillery I've seen capable of that were the rockets used in Iraq.I'm sure they meant well,but this patch has some major negatives.Lets see how they work it out.My flying time is waning,as I've been around the flight sim scene a long time,and the urge to play is rapidly declining.
Dobe

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
Esc, options, preferences, game sounds, turn down effects and enviorment to 25%.

Done deal, no problems.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »

Esc, options, preferences, game sounds, turn down effects and environment to 25%

tried that by turning environment all the way down to shut off the siren, works until some keys their mic then siren starts back up.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:08 PM »
Looking at the clipboard maps explains a lot about field layouts.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.