Author Topic: Leaving arena hangs game  (Read 528 times)

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
Leaving arena hangs game
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »
This is happened every time windowed mode has been attempted.

I can enter an arena fine and everything works as apparently designed. When I attempt to leave the arena the game hangs in limbo until I CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill it from there. I need to restart AH to get into an arena.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Leaving arena hangs game
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
I tried quiting the arena while the text buffer "/" was up and got stuck.  mouse/screen everything froze.  couldnt even alt tab out of it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:58:24 AM »
In 1.98 I always had to alt f4 from the last window to quit AH, online or offline.
Now I have to alt f4 from inside the game to quit AH.  I do have a much older system and vid card so it may not be relevant to those running systems more up to date. I am running the HiRes vid pack although it was happening in the standard vid as well.
As always happy with the game advances and many thanks.
Win XP Pro
P4 2.40 GHZ, 2.00 GB Ram, GeForce FX 5500, Audigy Sound Card.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Just to mention, I'm running Vista. I've never been able to Alt-Tab out of the game at all, that will cause a complete hang and failure.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
BTW, just to add to this. With the last update, leaving the arena sometimes hangs the game and sometimes returns to the arena page. However if I choose a new arena from this, the game will crash and reset my video settings from wide screen (3 screens) to only my center screen.

The only way to reliably pick another arena is to close the AH client, reopen it and go back to choose the new arena.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
I'm having a similar problem. When I first log on things are fine.  If I then change to another arena I get disco'd right after the clipboard map comes up. If I try and log right back on I get disco'd again. I have to reboot in order to get logged on.
I've noticed this since Vers 2.0 came out.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
Same here as I stated in my thread .
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »
Bumping as this still seems to be a problem.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
This is still a problem with the last update. I still need to close the AH client every time I leave an arena, restart it and re-enter.

It would be nice to know if this makes the radar as something that is being considered and you need more information or is it not reproduceable or ?

Without some comment its impossible to know if its worthwhile to keep mentioning it as useful information. I don't want to waste your time or mine.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
Still happens with the latest update.

Thanks!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers