Author Topic: Squelch Feature  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Squelch Feature
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:43 AM »
This may have already been asked for or addressed in the past, but wouldn't the ability to save a "squelched list" be helpful we the paying customers?  I know some think I'm an idiot and I do not want to offend them or force them to take the time to squelch me each time they log-in and I certainly am sick of constantly typing in the same names everytime I log-in.  With as much garbage that is typed on 200, I find it funny that the only sensitive topic is political.  I mean isn't it politics that caused each country to develop the planes, aircraft carriers, and ground vehicles we choose to play cartoon pilots in?

Any time you gather a large group of people in one place or community (channel 200), it is a social network - like it or not.  So relevant issues, OUTSIDE of the game, are common topics people naturally want to discuss.  Recent channel 200 discussions included, "I can't find work," "Did you hear about the plane crash today?" "Your education lacks," "Come to Dayton!" "Are you retarded?" "You're an A**," "You must live in a trailer," and my favorite, "squelch me if you don't like it!"  Everytime I log-in, really?.  As everyone is aware, the list of non game related 200 "social networking" discussion topics is massive!  Why force the customer to feel the way you want or pretend to know what I/we need to be exposed to?  Why not give all a very simple modification to the tool already in game customize or filter what they wish their kids or themselves to be exposed to?  I just don't get the "We must fix our paying customers" attitude and mute their thoughts on such an important issue.  It seeps out from this company and several of the people who participate in this forum and game.  Hell, some of the most vocal in here do not even have active accounts in game.  While I do not find political discussion offensive, I do find some of the discussions on 200 offensive, but not the majority.  Their are simply people I do not want to read of or hear from.

Please give us the ability to edit and manage who we do not wish to read from or hear during our precious time for paid entertainment.

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
Re: Squelch Feature
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:01:39 AM »
Seriously? You must have such a large list of people needing to be squelched for this to even be worried over. .squelch x2 maybe 3 a day is all it takes if your list is small I could have an entire 20 some odd people squelched on my autoclimb out to 12k. If they add it in cool hopefully it wasn't very hard to code but if they have to spend 2 weeks or a week coding that out thats 2 weeks they coulda spent fixing REAL BUGS! or New planes! So think where you really want your money going.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 07:02:08 AM »
     Ever think that maybe everyone else may not be the problem?  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:04:56 AM »
You read that toejam ? If it's not in RED I don't pay it no mind ...
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:10:02 AM »
+1 to this.  Just make it so it's saves a list to a .txt file in the AH directory.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
 :noid
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:13:23 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
This may have already been asked for or addressed in the past, but wouldn't the ability to save a "squelched list" be helpful we the paying customers?  I know some think I'm an idiot and I do not want to offend them or force them to take the time to squelch me each time they log-in and I certainly am sick of constantly typing in the same names everytime I log-in.  With as much garbage that is typed on 200, I find it funny that the only sensitive topic is political.  I mean isn't it politics that caused each country to develop the planes, aircraft carriers, and ground vehicles we choose to play cartoon pilots in?

Any time you gather a large group of people in one place or community (channel 200), it is a social network - like it or not.  So relevant issues, OUTSIDE of the game, are common topics people naturally want to discuss.  Recent channel 200 discussions included, "I can't find work," "Did you hear about the plane crash today?" "Your education lacks," "Come to Dayton!" "Are you retarded?" "You're an A**," "You must live in a trailer," and my favorite, "squelch me if you don't like it!"  Everytime I log-in, really?.  As everyone is aware, the list of non game related 200 "social networking" discussion topics is massive!  Why force the customer to feel the way you want or pretend to know what I/we need to be exposed to?  Why not give all a very simple modification to the tool already in game customize or filter what they wish their kids or themselves to be exposed to?  I just don't get the "We must fix our paying customers" attitude and mute their thoughts on such an important issue.  It seeps out from this company and several of the people who participate in this forum and game.  Hell, some of the most vocal in here do not even have active accounts in game.  While I do not find political discussion offensive, I do find some of the discussions on 200 offensive, but not the majority.  Their are simply people I do not want to read of or hear from.

Please give us the ability to edit and manage who we do not wish to read from or hear during our precious time for paid entertainment.
Squeaker. The OP obviously finds it more difficult to ignore the stupid stuff on 200 than keep his toon plane in the virtual sky. I especially like the use of the words "relevant issues", you're playing a video game with people from all over and from different age groups, if you want INTELLIGENT (and I use the term very loosely where the idiotweb is concerned) discussions, find a discussion group that fits your tastes. If you're paying that much attention to what's being typed on 200, the problem isn't with what the tards are typing on 200.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »

Detune 200....
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
Why not ignore them if they are too much to handle?  :headscratch:
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:35:24 AM »
I'm usually to busy fighting to read all that crap.  And when I do read it, I usually get a chuckle out of how seriously some people take this game - perhaps their real life is a bit of a disappointment to them (or their parents).

The best way I've found to squelch everyone is to not tune to 200 - much easier than figuring out how to squelch everyone individually (and no extra coad necessary).

Besides, the only real important stuff is red text and sometimes green text.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
Besides, the only real important stuff is red text and sometimes green text.
Don't forget that once in a blue moon purple text shows something necessary.  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »
Why not ignore them if they are too much to handle?  :headscratch:

That's the point of this thread.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »
The game is not a social network site.  Let's clear that one up, right off.  No game is.

Games are "entertainment".  They are meant to be fun.  They are as escape from the real world.  They allow you to immerse yourself in virtual situations you would never be able to do in the real world.  They cease to be fun when someone insists on dragging the real world into them.

If you want to speak on the social issues of the day, go to the appropriate venue.  Just keep it out of the game, treat others with respect, and you may find you suddenly no longer need a permanent squelch list.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
That means no more "poking" okay!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
If you want to speak on the social issues of the day, go to the appropriate venue.  Just keep it out of the game, treat others with respect, and you may find you suddenly no longer need a permanent squelch list.

The permanent squelch list is for the chronic squeakers, whiners and armchair generals.  It's the same people day in and day out.  There is more than one person who get squelched the instant I see them type.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH