Author Topic: Radar detection capabilities.  (Read 1088 times)

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
Re: Radar detection capabilities.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
Why put a cap limit?  If I fly up to 28k to bomb you and you are to lazy to come up and get me whose fault is it???????
Just saying................

BigKev

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
I almost never go above 10k plenty of red cons below that any higher is just a waste of time. 

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »
I almost never go above 10k plenty of red cons below that any higher is just a waste of time. 

Semp

Well you made my point for me when you said plenty of red cons below you at 10k.  Like I said if people are to lazy to come and get me at 20k or more then I complete my mission safe and sound.  In addition, to go that high actually makes you plan your ingress and egress routes.  Again if people are to lazy to come up to me then so be it.  I will bomb you with immunity.

BigKev

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »
Why put a cap limit?  If I fly up to 28k to bomb you and you are to lazy to come up and get me whose fault is it???????
Just saying................

BigKev

The "wish" isn't about an alt cap. Read the whole thing.

Its about me being able to know your alt and thus have sufficient information to decide how to deal with you.

And if you wanna spend the time to climb to 28k and can actually hit something from that high, god bless you my son, enjoy.

But, if my radar shows you're at 28k, I can tell you right now, I'M not gonna bother with you.

Thats just one of the points of my wish!

I don't wanna up for a dot that I have to chase forever, just to find out by visual that I'll probably never be able to catch him.

PS. You shouldn't think that people are too "lazy' to climb to 20k plus to engage you.

Most people would rather spend the Half hour PLUS it would take to get to you, fighting.

But still, it would be nice to know your alt ahead of time and have the option to make that decision.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:01:10 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:32 PM »
The "wish" isn't about an alt cap. Read the whole thing.

Its about me being able to know your alt and thus have sufficient information to decide how to deal with you.

And if you wanna spend the time to climb to 28k and can actually hit something from that high, god bless you my son, enjoy.

But, if my radar shows you're at 28k, I can tell you right now, I'M not gonna bother with you.

Thats just one of the points of my wish!

I don't wanna up for a dot that I have to chase forever, just to find out by visual that I'll probably never be able to catch him.

PS. You shouldn't think that people are too "lazy' to climb to 20k plus to engage you.

Most people would rather spend the Half hour PLUS it would take to get to you, fighting.

But still, it would be nice to know your alt ahead of time and have the option to make that decision.

I see your point about alt and heading.  Given it does give you an option to converge at some point.  However, in the game I just dont see the majority of people scrambling to get up.  Now on the other hand if you vectored other players in that would be different.  If we want to realistically (as best the game can do) represent early radar warning then smart players would adjust tactics accordingly.  But given the game is about the furball.  But at times I prefer to run as close to a real bombing run just as a WWII aircrew would have done.  One the occasions where people have come up they have been only 262's, 163's, and the occasional 190.  Then again if we are gonna implement radar that gives alt and heading then we open pandoras box as there are other factors that would be improved in the game (i.e. radar controlled flak being more accurate than it already is).  In the game as played by most flyers when I see the red dots on the radar I deduce where they came from and where they are headed (given not always right though).  Would this aid in maintaining a CAP?  Yes it would as it might induce players to fly CAP more often in the MA vice the FSO.  Just dont know if people want to give up the furball mentality to come up and fight. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
Bigkev lazy I am not, just realistic.  If I up when u first show up on dar by the time I get up to your alt u already dropped. So go chase you or stop the lower red cons, its just that simple. And btw my bombing runs are at around 10k too or less if field is capped and I complete my missions too.  Just a different style.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.