Author Topic: Force feedback is causing massive drop in FPS! (this isn't a troll)  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Force feedback is causing massive drop in FPS! (this isn't a troll)
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. :salute

My computer isn't even a year old yet, it's a top of the range gaming system. I did a fresh instal 2 months ago.

When I posted the DXDiag I had a load of programs running. My page file is around 1.5Gb on boot. I should disable some of the crap I don't need but I never seem to get around to doing so.

Like I said before: I can use both of my MSFFB2's without any problems in every game I play other then Aces High. Even Dirt2, a driving game, supports the stick perfectly. All benchmarks tests were carried out by fraps, frame rate never changed.

I'm going to try using the stick on another setup, see if I can replicate the problem.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:11:03 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »
All I am saying is that if it were a FF issue, then everyone with FF sticks would be having this issue, at least with my understanding.  Now you're right that the problem possibly might be in how AH communicates the FF with the MSFFB2 stick, but the fact remains that the MSFFB2 stick *IS* indeed obsolete, regardless of how great it is and how popular it is.

I would hope that if it is a known issue with the AH staff, then likely they'll have it fixed next patch... but even if they choose not to fix it (*IF* it is an AH bug in the first place) I can't really blame them, considering the stick isn't even made anymore.

I can also tell you the being rude to other people and ridiculing HT and their methods (and I quote "The last patch was a joke, I found so many bugs." and "lol" at the possibility that this might NOT be an AH bug) is just going to make them that much LESS INCLINED to help you with your problems... ESPECIALLY using an obsolete piece of hardware.

By the way I used to have one of those sticks awhile back and the thing was a absolute joke.. but to each their own.

Contridicting yourself just makes you look like a liar, the rest of the post is bollocks no ones being rude to HTC

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
Nitpicking is even worse... excuse me.. what I *SHOULD* have said was "regardless of how great some people THINK it is".

And yes, you ARE being rude to HTC, and other players.  I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Nitpicking is even worse... excuse me.. what I *SHOULD* have said was "regardless of how great some people THINK it is".

And yes, you ARE being rude to HTC, and other players.  I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Save your pity for someone who'll appreciate your amatuer psychology moments. You have nothing constructive to say here apart from stirring the pot.
Oh and btw are you tigg3r in game by any chance?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
HTC, I would be more than happy to send my MSFFB(Red) if you need one for testing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:59:59 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
Honestly Kazaa, the problem most likely lies with the Force Factory 5.0 API that is used by the MS force feedback sticks. I don't even think this API has even been updated for XP and later OS's and it has always been a terrible drain on CPU resources. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 01:21:28 PM »
Honestly Kazaa, the problem most likely lies with the Force Factory 5.0 API that is used by the MS force feedback sticks. I don't even think this API has even been updated for XP and later OS's and it has always been a terrible drain on CPU resources. 

ack-ack

Interesting, could you eleborate on this Force Factory ack ack? The problem I have is that mine worked before the update and now doesn't work the same, and I have to go through an eleborate disabling re enabling process to get it working right(ish). I could understand if I had say switched to a new OS but in my simplistic terms all I see is it worked this way and after the update it now works in a worse way.

:salute

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »
I managed to test my MSFFB2 on another system today, all the problems which I posted in this thread were present on that machine.

OS was Windows 7.