Author Topic: 9 years and loggin off  (Read 1718 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: 9 years and loggin off
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »
I'll catch you next time round scooner  :salute

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
I only played aces the last year or so for FSO but its not wroth the money just for FSO.

FSO is all I play for. I just can't seem to enjoy the Main Arena. I try to fly with my squad in the MA before FSO, sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »
<S> cya all in 2 weeks  :lol
Don't get me wrong i know the upgrades would suit may people, the game does look a lot better, doesn't sound very good or vox anyway.

My whining is more about the numbers that are on off peak, and also the game play that causes.
Its hard to fight with only 40 to 50 on all 3 sides when many of those numbers are sitting in a tower on in a gv.

I dont know what the answer is to getting more people back in off peak times but i wish there was a simple way for that to happen, i thought that maybe the new patches would bring back some oldies or get new players but its not improved if anything its getting worse.

<S>
scooner

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
I dont know what the answer is to getting more people back in off peak times but i wish there was a simple way for that to happen,
<S>
scooner
More foreign advertising that's all I can think of that would work

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
mijoieau <S>     mans gotta do what  a mans gotta do!

for me the frame rate has finally taken its toll!   i built the PC back in 2002-3 ish it severed my fine...... but now with a fiancee((i cant spell)girl friend who wants to marry)) we short on money!     ive been wanting to build for years but money has stopped it!

After playing last night on TT      flying in the teens to low teens....  just dont cut it for me.

maybee ill be back soon, ill keep trying but flying with FPS in the teen is un acceptable to me!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
You'll be back, you bloody better be anyway :), you'll be missed at FSO, that's for sure.

Salute Mate

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »
Hmm... I log off every time I play.  Nine years is a long time to go without logging off.  So YOU were causing all those cap and ENY problems!   :neener:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
I know dont let the door hit my bellybutton smack, but its been a while since i have had a good fight, the good old boys are all gone and the new upgrades only seem to make it worse.

I didn't play aces for the graphics i loved the net code, but there comes a time when the tactics have become just boring.
I only played aces the last year or so for FSO but its not wroth the money just for FSO.
Its a shame the promised arena like fso didn't ever work out, but instead we got ww1 and i have to say that was the most boring 5 minutes of my life.

I had alot of fun with some every good pilots and learnt alot about history of ww2 but in the end i cant find a good fight and the whole massive town needing to many to capture with noe or without just sucks, the game seems more and more arcade like by the day.

I have logged in for over 9 years and meat alot of nice people, the game was so good for so long that i lost girlfriends to it and lost many rounds at the pub. I am not just having a squeak but the only way i can say that i think its become a waste of time is not to pay the bill, i do feel for people that cant afford to pay the bill and thats problem the main reason the good fights are gone.

I would say to the owners of the game, your net coding was the best i have ever seen but the upgrades were down grades for the last 2 years.

I have had so many fun hours but now its just a waste of my time.

over and out
mijoie, scooner, drifts and many other call signs i held.
<S>

<S> Scooner hope you make it back.

-Sukov-
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:19 AM »
 :salute
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 05:05:44 AM »
 :salute scooner,
Hope a break is what you need to keep flying.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 06:34:43 AM »
<S> Mate. Take care.

The off-hours need a boost? Totally. I pretty much just play for FSO too but I currently think that alone is worth my subscription.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 08:29:51 AM »
 :salute :cheers:
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
I can see your point scooner, last night when you probably made this decision I was finding it difficult to get a fight, couldn't even get my squaddies to talk to me because they were bored and gone AFK. A boost of JP players is quite welcome.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline maus92

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
I joined back in the beta days when I was a punk, then left after after a few years when work got in the way of fun.  I think I might have left several times.  Anyway, you always get the DT's and have to return.  Such is the cycle of AH life.  Good luck, and cya back sooner than you think...
Callsign: nag

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
Too bad we're losing a vet.  But the thing I want to know is this: why the finger pointing and complaining with absolutely no suggestions?  I don't count "not liking it" as a reason.  Spell it out.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.