Author Topic: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?  (Read 5178 times)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Re: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
lol, Tec's chart is great!  :aok
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
I don't LIKE cookies.. can I have a Hooters cheeseburger instead?

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 02:17:58 AM »
Its always cute when the noobs bring this up as if its an original topic of discussion.  :angel:

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 06:59:36 AM »
Hey maus sorry to go off-topic, but what part of Annapolis do you live? I grew up in Eastport Terrace. Ever heard of the Eastport Pharoas? Probably not around anymore, long time ago. Anyway, spent many a day around the City dock and the Academy. I went to Tyler Heights Elementary and Annapolis jr. Left that area in 1975. I know nobody cares, but just wondering.

<S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 07:26:49 AM »
I don't LIKE cookies.. can I have a Hooters cheeseburger instead?

Somehow, Hooters just doesn't make me think of cheeseburgers.   Where the heck is Spikes with a post when you need him?

It would be a simple visual that would open alot of eyes I think.

wrongway
<S>

Back in Warbirds days, Phenix (I believe it was, apologies if it was someone else) put together a great series of screenshots that explained it so even a six year old could point out why it was set up the way it was.  Didn't help.  You can drag the mule to water but it won't make him quit braying. 

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 09:06:38 AM »
Sticky Tec's chart!  It took me three tries but I finally got a cookie... :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »
Ah yes hitech that has happened but the other night i had a full head-on collision with another player i cant remember who it was but i went down and he didn't. In fact a fellow player on vox told me that he didn't have a single piece of damage to his plane. Now from a full head-on Collision we both should have blown up instantly shouldn't we  as that would have been the correct course of action.

Read HiTech's post 10 times, slowly ... then think about what you wrote.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »

Hold on to ya butts.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline maus92

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
Hey maus sorry to go off-topic, but what part of Annapolis do you live? I grew up in Eastport Terrace. Ever heard of the Eastport Pharoas? Probably not around anymore, long time ago. Anyway, spent many a day around the City dock and the Academy. I went to Tyler Heights Elementary and Annapolis jr. Left that area in 1975. I know nobody cares, but just wondering.

<S> Oz

I used to live on Back Creek, but I've moved to an area off Bestgate Rd. It's a great town - lots of things to do if you like the water or drinking.  I'm not sure what I like better...
Callsign: nag

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
I remember Bestgate Rd. Out in West Annapolis if I remember correctly.

<S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
Well i suggest that in the real world when 2 aircraft collide they both either explode or both start falling from the sky like stone's. Except in a few rare incident's where one or both have managed to get back to base. And neither get a kill from any collision.

I mean is it fair to the point that 2 aircraft collide in the air and one go's down and the other can carry on as if nothing had happened. No it isn't as in the real world when 2 aircraft collide it is 90.9 % likely they both are destroyed instantly or both pilot's have just enough time to escape. Or in a few in fact more than a few time's in WW2 both planes would go down but the poor pilots couldn't escape as their canopy's had jammed due to the collision's.

But i believe that If Ace's want's to stay true to real life as close as possible they should look into the fact that if a collision is registered then both aircraft either blow up or become unflyable. As i say it would be more realistic in that sense.

Thankyou BulletVI 

Agreed +1  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
Agreed +1  :salute

Ok. Simple question. You are the P-47. You think you should take damage from THIS collision:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline maus92

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »
I remember Bestgate Rd. Out in West Annapolis if I remember correctly.

<S> Oz

Yea Bestgate's new alignment runs from Rowe Blvd @ Rt.50 to General's Hwy (Rt.450).  I live closer to Rt. 50.
Callsign: nag

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
Ok. Simple question. You are the P-47. You think you should take damage from THIS collision:

(Image removed from quote.)

I think that if 2 aircraft collide they both go down remember due to certain factors if 2 aircraft hit each other in any way it is almost the same result as if it flew into a flock of birds ( terminal damage ) or as if it hit a brick wall or the ground ( TOTAL DESTRUCTION ) :)
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »
I think that if 2 aircraft collide they both go down remember due to certain factors if 2 aircraft hit each other in any way it is almost the same result as if it flew into a flock of birds ( terminal damage ) or as if it hit a brick wall or the ground ( TOTAL DESTRUCTION ) :)

They do if they occupy the same space in time. Read HiTech's reply to you.

The above picture is a collision (read the text in the chat window).

YOU are the P47. Do you think you deserve to go down?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."