Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10106 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »
Then by this logic all arenas should be WW1 Arena format. Simplistic objective, no higher objective.

hell no what would the "bomber dweebs" such as yourself do :aok

I don't think they should change anything.

I very much enjoy killing the way I do, can give two F.. what the rest do.

99% of the MA crowd thinks it's Cool and fun to hoard, I think its cool and fun to fight them.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
JB42

Hey bud,

your wasting your breath. those that think that the simple minded answer of "you just want everyone to fly your way" have taken over the thread. there is no more chance to have a reasonable and or interesting conversation or debate on any of these issues in this thread anymore. no matter what you say that will be their responce, funniest part about it is that they seem to think this is some new and original thought they are having. they don't seem to realize that every time a thread comes up with any thought of finding a new way to do ANYTHING in this game then the answer of "you want everyone to do things your way" is always the boilerplate answer vomited out of the mouths of the weak minded.

although i do not agree with all of your observations, or agree that all of this is remotely within HTC's ability to change, i do agree that reminding the powers that be from time to time that long term players need to be remembered too when implementing change)s) that will change the manner newer or less mature players act is important.

gyrene81 now to you sir, i may owe an apology. i have reread the conversation between us and maybe my original responce to you was hostile in its mannerism when i wasn't intending to be so. if i am the one that ruffled the feathers between us then i do apologize. this does not mean i agree with your point of view, to the contrary i still think a once in a while FFA arena would make for a fun and interesting night. but i had no intention of turning this thread into anything more than a good hearted discussion, not into an argument or a battle of wordy insults. i was and still am serious when i inferred ( :) ) that you were intelligent. you are well spoken and intelligent in your posts. so i do retract and apologize for any and every statement i made to the contray of that fact.

Nothing better then a grown man stating how intelligent he is and how another isn't in a forum regarding a freaking VIDEO game. Seriously gents everybody needs to get over themselves. Can't be too bright if you spend the majority of your free time playing a freaking video game. C'mon you guys really can't be serious, GET OVER YOURSELVES! It's a video game nothing more nothing less. I'm better then you cause I fly a p-38 I'm better then you because I do this etc... seriously take a step back and think about it. LMFAO i read these forums everyday and I just laugh how pathetic am I to name myself DMGOD. yet I read the stuff you holier then thou people write and I think geez  these guys are way worse then me. lol ladies get a grip  <3 DMGOD

DM i can say that before i spout off at the mouth about how serious someone does or does not take this game, at least check that the facts actually support the garbage i am about to spew out onto the forum.

this game controls my life???? TARD!

as nothing you have written in your posts have inspired me to believe you are a man of any, let alone higher, intellect, i will, for you benefit, try to keep my words small and the sentences around a child's reading level.

i have been out of the game for a little under a year and am just now returning to it. believe it or not my real life kept me pretty busy for awhile there. i entered this thread because i liked an idea that a squaddie brought up. i have made no mention on my style of play or my personal likes or dislikes within the game itself. i was discussing one thought, one idea. now whether i have been here for 20 years or 20 minutes, the liking or disliking an idea has nothing to do with how much time is invested into the game.

you are a troll, you seem to think my conversation with gyrene81 had something in it that gave you some insight or purpose in flapping your lips in an obviously lame manner intended only to insult or degrade others. obviously your RL must be lacking in many many ways if all you can manage to do with yourself is to spend your time reading these boards and hunt for some excuse to run your mouth.

go away ye of childish mentality, let the adults go back to speaking in big people words now.

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
I don't think they should change anything.

I very much enjoy killing the way I do, can give two F.. what the rest do.

99% of the MA crowd thinks it's Cool and fun to hoard, I think its cool and fun to fight them.

Your statement has me confused.  What horde might you be referring too?    

Let me put things into perspective on what has been observed and then let me ask you a question.

If you observe Side A with 50 players, Side B with 50 players, Side C with 60 players, and both A and B are only attacking C, who is the horde?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Let me put things into perspective on what has been observed and then let me ask you a question.

If you observe Side A with 50 players, Side B with 50 players, Side C with 60 players, and both A and B are only attacking C, who is the horde?

Hordes have nothing to do with country numbers and all to do with the ratio of green:red ratio in individual sectors.  Common misconception.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »
Hordes have nothing to do with country numbers and all to do with the ratio of green:red ratio in individual sectors.  Common misconception.

Exactly, and the example is not a ratio?

My question was, If you observe Side A with 50 players, Side B with 50 players, Side C with 60 players, and both A and B are only attacking C, who is the horde?

At best side C would be able to bring 60vs50 to a single front, but at best 30vs50 between the two fronts.  Again, Who is hording?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:42:50 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
I have some screenshots of the map when I logged in this morning dads, 

There was a Knight/rook fight and Bish were attacking Knights with NO fight between Rooks and Bish.   Sometimes it is good to see things from the other sides because it happens to all teams you just don't notice it in the midst of your loyal Bish pride.   ;)

Most perceived hording is a direct result of MAP positions and NOT chess piece preference.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
I have some screenshots of the map when I logged in this morning dads, 

There was a Knight/rook fight and Bish were attacking Knights with NO fight between Rooks and Bish.  Sometimes it is good to see things from the other sides because it happens to all teams you just don't notice it in the midst of your loyal Bish pride.   ;)

Most perceived hording is a direct result of MAP positions and NOT chess piece preference.

My loyalty rests not in a simple chess piece, as a matter of fact I was a rook for some time just the other day.   Hence my point in understanding where the loyalty you speak of really rests.   :aok

I do realize it may happen between all sides, some more often than others, but however, it is a community effort to prevent it. 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

Exactly.

Unfortunately many players only seem to notice hording, hence the prevalent "why do only we get horded? why do *insert two chesspieces* never fight each other?" whines.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »

there are times that I have to switch to the higher numbered side so I can fight the hoard, I don't really pay attention to the numbers I look for full red dars even better when it is two full red dars, and no green dar, and yes the lower number side quite often is the side with the biggest hoard.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:50:44 PM by ink »

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
Exactly.

Unfortunately many players only seem to notice hording, hence the prevalent "why do only we get horded? why do *insert two chesspieces* never fight each other?" whines.

Lusche, please spare me.  I respectfully had asked a simple question that did not involve a whine, I asked a very simple logical question.  

Without prejudice, try to answer the question with an open mind and not an open mouth.......  ;)

there are times that I have to switch to the higher numbered side so I can fight the hoard, I don't really pay attention to the numbers I look for full red dars even better when it is two full red dars, and no green dar, and yes the lower number side quite often is the side with the biggest hoard.  

Thanks for the clarification, and not to say that you dont do what you say, but I have seen many say they do just that and go to the "no green dar" side but actually dont.  You can find them in the two full red dars though.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:41:18 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »
Lusche, please spare me.  I respectfully asked asked a simple question that did not involve a whine, I asked a very simple logical question.  

Did I refer to you in any way?

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
Did I refer to you in any way?

Directly or indirectly?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:18 PM »
Directly or indirectly?

Both.

Answer: No, I didn't. I did not even read what you wrote. I just quoted a single sentence by Bruv, which described a very basic fact. That's all.

There is no reference to you in my post, or in that quote.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:00:06 PM by Lusche »

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »
Both.

Answer: No, I didn't. I did not even read what you wrote. I just quoted a single sentence by Bruv, which described a very basic fact. That's all.

There is no reference to you in my post, or in that quote.

The misunderstanding is all mine. I apologize if I seemed disrespectful or for any inconvenience my comment has caused.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
JB42

Hey bud,

your wasting your breath. those that think that the simple minded answer of "you just want everyone to fly your way" ...

And so on... Flots, I think MY beef (not speaking for anyone but myself) with the OP has nothing to do with what you postulate here but rather 2 things:

1. a lack of specificity - he makes a general gripe but doesn't isolate ANYTHING actionable. If we are to admonish HTC to improve the game, let's give him something he can do - not some ambiguous complaint about "it just doesn't feel right". Admittedly, this is harder than it seems. Trust me on this - my company, for one example, has spent countless hours and dollars trying to figure out why the competition has a higher quality look, feel or other better attribute. We talk about a cascade from general perception to specific, quantifiable attribute.

In short, translate to something a technical person can understand and you're much more likely to get a result. Try going into any car dealership, if you want a simple example, and telling them, "my car doesn't feel right." Compare that result to going in and saying "I need new brake pads".

For example, the OP's comment about "twins outflying fighters" - what does that mean? Does he have some specific complaint about the flight model or is this just some anecdotal abservation that was mor e illustrative of a disparity in pilot skill than anything else?

2. It also seems that the OP has a failure of imagination if he posits some barbarian mass of pilots and cannot see that as an opportunity. That he does not strikes me as tantamount to running up the white flag - admitting he's beaten.

There's more - like how does playing for unlimited time hurt immersion? I suspect it's more like RL that you're not scrambling to get into a fight just to save dollars. I get a very strong impression that, life on the line, RL pilots are much less eager to get into a scrap of uncertain advantage.

And so on...

I don't know that anyone is trying to duck a spirited and thoughtful discussion here but I'm waiting for the OP to provide some examples of specifics to go with his generally full-diapered "argument".
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:06:54 PM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.