Author Topic: GV Arena or No Fly Zone At Tank Town  (Read 2785 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: GV Arena or No Fly Zone At Tank Town
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Hey Sky 25,

Your original request is quite reasonable, actually.  Just in one location, with the rest of the locations open to normal game play.  

Some of the more hostile replies you received seem out of proportion, and I assume are from people letting off steam after their bad day at the office.  That Godzilla guy seems particularly unhappy.  He implies he's an engineer at Ford Motor Company?  That would explain it.

TDeacon

Darn! I was hoping this thread was lost on time forever...  Maybe it is just me, but I havent been getting bomtarded as much lately. I no longer go to tank town.. Yes the forums can be very brutal at times. But its all good... I just read it again and had to laugh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:01:58 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:36 AM »
Sorry, but I don't think its too much to ask for the bombers to stay out of what is designated TANK TOWN. Of course that just means "undefended targets" to most people who don't GV.

For you it may be "Tank Town" But for me its "Bomber Town". The only one true tank towns are ones you cant fly into. All the other maps with GV bases in the middle aren't tank towns. I for one love hearing people whine after I bomb them in their so called ''tank town''. I just don't understand how some people think that an island that has airbases on it should be a tank only area. With that logic I could say that I don't like being shot down by flacks or fighters while I'm trying to have a nice time bombing GVs. Better yet while I'm on a bomber run I don't want anyone to try and stop me from reaching my target.

If you want a tank only area on a map then I suggest you download the terrain editor and make a true tank town with 30k+ walls around it and very thick cloud cover starting at 100ft. If you do not wish to do that then maybe you should suck it up and play the game because like it or not you are not immune to getting killed. 
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »

For you it may be "Tank Town" But for me its "Bomber Town". The only one true tank towns are ones you cant fly into. All the other maps with GV bases in the middle aren't tank towns. I for one love hearing people whine after I bomb them in their so called ''tank town''. I just don't understand how some people think that an island that has airbases on it should be a tank only area. With that logic I could say that I don't like being shot down by flacks or fighters while I'm trying to have a nice time bombing GVs. Better yet while I'm on a bomber run I don't want anyone to try and stop me from reaching my target.

If you want a tank only area on a map then I suggest you download the terrain editor and make a true tank town with 30k+ walls around it and very thick cloud cover starting at 100ft. If you do not wish to do that then maybe you should suck it up and play the game because like it or not you are not immune to getting killed.  

If your lame and selfish style of game play requires you to go to tank town and bomb just to ruin the fun of guys having a GV battle with no base taking going on than more power to you. I choose not to do it.. In my opinion, there is no reason to do so...

This is from the Arena Etiquette Section on The Trainers Page.
“FIGHTER-TOWN” and “TANK-TOWN”: Another topic which gets people heated up. Some maps have a ring of either airfields or vehicle bases, one from each country, in the middle of the map surrounded by high mountains. These bases are referred to as either Fighter-Town (airbases) or Tank-Town (vehicle bases). These bases, like all bases on the map, are capturable and can contribute to the overall count of bases needed to “win” the war. Having said that, it is important to note these bases are not needed to win the war. The debate arises from the question of whether or not it is alright to bomb and/or capture the bases in Fighter-Town or Tank-Town. We could devote pages to the discussion but the bottom line is leave fighter-town for fighters and tank-town for tanks. Don’t bomb / capture / pork / vulch in those locations. You will find your own countrymen helping the enemy kill you.
Based on  the above statement by the Aces High Trainers. Clearly at one time there was a thing called arena etiquette in Aces High!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:01:32 AM by sky25 »

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »
If your lame and selfish style of game play requires you to go to tank town and bomb just to ruin the fun of guys having a GV battle with no base taking going on than more power to you. I choose not to do it.. In my opinion, there is no reason to do so...

This is from the Arena Etiquette Section on The Trainers Page.
“FIGHTER-TOWN” and “TANK-TOWN”: Another topic which gets people heated up. Some maps have a ring of either airfields or vehicle bases, one from each country, in the middle of the map surrounded by high mountains. These bases are referred to as either Fighter-Town (airbases) or Tank-Town (vehicle bases). These bases, like all bases on the map, are capturable and can contribute to the overall count of bases needed to “win” the war. Having said that, it is important to note these bases are not needed to win the war. The debate arises from the question of whether or not it is alright to bomb and/or capture the bases in Fighter-Town or Tank-Town. We could devote pages to the discussion but the bottom line is leave fighter-town for fighters and tank-town for tanks. Don’t bomb / capture / pork / vulch in those locations. You will find your own countrymen helping the enemy kill you.
Based on  the above statement by the Aces High Trainers. Clearly at one time there was a thing called arena etiquette in Aces High!!!

Etiquette and rules are two completely different things.

Wow Sky, you sure have a lot of built up anger on this subject.

You know, normally I leave tank town alone, but when my spawns are camped and my fun is ruined, I have no problems whatsoever with bringing in a bomber.  Also, sometimes people are having a bad day at the yoke and just want some easy kills.  You can't blame them for playing however they want...

It's really no different from an enemy tank sitting on the runway ripping apart any plane that spawns, is it?

Deal with it, get over it and relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

This is a game... REPEAT this is only a game...

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
Etiquette and rules are two completely different things.

Wow Sky, you sure have a lot of built up anger on this subject.

You know, normally I leave tank town alone, but when my spawns are camped and my fun is ruined, I have no problems whatsoever with bringing in a bomber.  Also, sometimes people are having a bad day at the yoke and just want some easy kills.  You can't blame them for playing however they want...

It's really no different from an enemy tank sitting on the runway ripping apart any plane that spawns, is it?

Deal with it, get over it and relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

This is a game... REPEAT this is only a game...

Actually, I am not angry at all on this or any subject.. I think it may look that way when you read it.. I have logged off a few times when a bomb got dropped on me in tank town.. I figure that when a game gets you pissed off, it is time to take a break..  :salute
I do not need you to tell me that it is only a game.I think every person here realizes this fact...This is a discussion about game play and game etiquette. I am relaxed by the way..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:38:41 PM by sky25 »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »
Actually, I am not angry at all on this or any subject.. I think it may look that way when you read it.. I have logged off a few times when a bomb got dropped on me in tank town.. I figure that when a game gets you pissed off, it is time to take a break..  :salute
I do not need you to tell me that it is only a game.I think every person here realizes this fact...This is a discussion about game play and game etiquette. I am relaxed by the way..

If you say that it is only a game, why whine about being bombed in tank town?  the argument is pointless and no more than "beating a dead horse".
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
If you say that it is only a game, why whine about being bombed in tank town?  the argument is pointless and no more than "beating a dead horse".

Oakranger I am starting to think that you make comments only to flame. I do not think you ever read anything that you comment on.  Your comment is pointless because clearly your baiting without even reading anything that was posted...

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »

The only one being selfish is you. You want others to play the game how you want when it doesn't work that way. I go to your so called 'tank town' to have fun bombing GVs. If I ruin your fun when doing so then so be it, that's your problem not mine. The question I ask you is what makes you think you shouldn't get bombed?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
Obviously a more rounded approach to the game is required: enjoy tank to tank action, enjoy bombing tanks, enjoy shooting down guys who bomb tanks, enjoy shooting down guys who shoot down guys who bomb tanks.  You will be a lot happier! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
The only one being selfish is you. You want others to play the game how you want when it doesn't work that way. I go to your so called 'tank town' to have fun bombing GVs. If I ruin your fun when doing so then so be it, that's your problem not mine. The question I ask you is what makes you think you shouldn't get bombed?

Clearly you failed to read the arena etiquette section in the post...I am not telling you how to play your game. I am just saying that bombing in tank town is just bad manners.. There is no reason for it other than to pad your scores or just get off ruining other players fun.. If it is considered proper to eggtard in tanktown than I suggest that the Aces High trainers remove comments about it being improper to do so from the arena etiquette section on the trainers web site.. I didnt dream this up. It is in black and white on the Aces High Trainers Web site. Maybe a trainer should comment on this...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:00:30 PM by sky25 »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »
Clearly you failed to read the arena etiquette section in the post...I am not telling you how to play your game. I am just saying that bombing in tank town is just bad manners..

No flaming here Sky.  The only bad manners is getting upset about etiquette in the MA's.  The truth of the matter is that it is a cage match in the MA's and there are no rules of engagement to adhere to.  So expect to be killed in a myriad of ways, you will be happier once you accept this.  I plan on getting killed every sortie.  When I do not, it's that much sweeter.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »
No flaming here Sky.  The only bad manners is getting upset about etiquette in the MA's.  The truth of the matter is that it is a cage match in the MA's and there are no rules of engagement to adhere to.  So expect to be killed in a myriad of ways, you will be happier once you accept this.  I plan on getting killed every sortie.  When I do not, it's that much sweeter.

:salute

Way
Waystin, you and I have killed each other more than a once in the mains. That is really not what I am talking about. If I get egged at a base take, spawn or any other battle thats ok.  My point was that I think a tank on tank battle in Tanktown should be off limits to eggtards when clearly there in no reason to do it except to gain easy kills.. I fully expect to get killed on every sortie. I'd rather it be by another tank in tanktown than some score jocky dropping eggs..  My only point was that this is something that is discussed on the Trainers Site.. As always  :salute The Pigs.. It is always a great fight when we are up against you guys..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:08:27 PM by sky25 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
I find it funny that those that cry about etiquette couldn't pull their head out of where the Sun doesn't shine long enough to show the same etiquette for those that used to play in the fighter town areas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »
Clearly you failed to read the arena etiquette section in the post...I am not telling you how to play your game. I am just saying that bombing in tank town is just bad manners.. There is no reason for it other than to pad your scores or just get off ruining other players fun..

Clearly you're the one that didn't read it. "“FIGHTER-TOWN” and “TANK-TOWN”: Another topic which gets people heated up. Some maps have a ring of either airfields or vehicle bases, one from each country, in the middle of the map surrounded by high mountains.

If there are no mountains then it really isn't a true tank town and all is fair game play. Clearly you didn't read my post as well I don't ever play for score and I enjoy bombing tanks, so I go where the tanks are. If you are selfish enough to think that enough to say my game play is 'lame' and 'bad manners' then that's you're opinion. For its there is nothing that is more fun then upping an Ar234 bombing a few tanks. The only 'lame' part about it is getting PM whines from people like you who think they were in a privileged area were they are immune to being bombed.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
Oakranger I am starting to think that you make comments only to flame. I do not think you ever read anything that you comment on.  Your comment is pointless because clearly your baiting without even reading anything that was posted...
I
Let me exsplain to you in a simple way, cupcake.  Between larry, Waysting, ack, tigger, I and some of the others put together more than 30 years of playing AH. We are telling you that the way things go in the MA will always be that way, until the staff of AH physically changes it.  Like the radars. 
So, you coming on here making remarks on something ( not that there anything wrong of what you are doing) and people are telling you that it is the way it is, I would get realized that the topic is done.                         
Oaktree

56th Fighter group