Author Topic: 412th Braunco Mustangs ---- RECRUITING  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
412th Braunco Mustangs ---- RECRUITING
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

The 412th is currently looking for new members to fill its ranks. Many times, squadron members will actively recruit new members as they are always on the lookout for P-51 pilots. Also, anyone interested in joining can contact any full member of the squadron and request to be considered for membership.

The new member process is rather simple, however it is important that all the criteria are met to achieve full member status.

1.  Recruits MUST show an interest and desire to fly the P-51 (either B or D models) Mustang for at least 75% of the total fighter time spent in the Aces High MA. Other aircraft and vehicles are permitted, however for fighter usages, the 75% mark is maintained.

2.  Recruits must be able to exercise discipline in the use of voice communications and transmit messages in an orderly manner.

3.  New recruits are designated OTCs (Officer Training Candidates) and are required to join the squadron in the MA.

4.  The OTC designation is held for two weeks, as the recruit is considered to be going through Officer Training Candidate School. During OTCS the OTC is expected to get to know the other squadron members and start to learn the basics of the squadron operations. Being signed into the squadron during this period helps the OTC, as they will be listed as a 412th member in the AH roster page and be able to participate in private squad communications in the text buffer. Also, with the AH squad highlight function, the recruit will be able to easily distinguish other squadron members as well as have the squadron members be able to easily identify the OTC.

5.  If the OTC decides that the squadron is not for them, then they may leave the squad at their option at any time. Conversely, if the squadron members do not feel that the OTC is acting appropriately or trying to fit into the squadron structure, the CO or XO may remove the OTC from the squadron. It is expected that all OTCs understand this and no hard feelings will be held against anyone if that action is required.

6.  At the end of OTCS, the new member is promoted to the rank of Flight Officer (FO) and becomes regular member of the squadron and is given full member access to this web-site and squadron BBS.

If you are interested in becoming a member of the 412th, review our website at http://www.brauncomustangs.org
and email pand@brauncomustangs.org for further instructions.

A letter from the Commanding Officer

I would like to take a moment to personally explain why these requirements are here. My personal brand of fun, in regards to on-line war simulations, is to be in a structured group where there are specific goals and a clear chain of command. This means that the squad acts like a real military unit instead of everyone just getting together but still doing there own thing. When orders are given by higher-ranking members, it is expected that they be followed, however all members are encouraged to give opinions to help the officers in command make better decisions.

The real goal is for everyone to have fun. As CO, I understand that most people do not want to be ordered around while they are playing a game. In practice, I would like to think of this squadron as a team. But in order to be successful, even a team must be organized and has to be willing to follow direction. For the most part, we will be on the casual side during most unscheduled squad events. However, during squad night, or other scheduled activities there may be very specific orders given that will need true teamwork and effort. I hope that all members will be able to follow the plans and make whatever mission is undertaken a success.

I realize there are many different things that a person can do in "Aces High" and that always flying the P-51 Mustang may get boring for some. Please feel free to explore your options. Use various aircraft, drive ground vehicles or boats, man a gun turret on a ship, or whatever else you think might be fun. All I ask is that when it comes time to get together with the group, we all act as a team. You are encouraged to fly and practice in the P-51 as much as possible, but diversity is sometimes needed to keep people from burning out.

I am always open for suggestions and encourage members to talk openly about how they feel the squad could improve. No one is here because they have to be, and I want everyone to be happy with what this squad is doing, and what they are doing in it. After all, if you're not happy, you won't stay. If enough of you don't stay, there will be no squad.

All that being said, I hope you can understand and want to be a part of what the 412th FS is and will be.

Midnight CO, Retired, 412th FS "Braunco Mustangs"

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
Re: 412th Braunco Mustangs ---- RECRUITING
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »
Nice website! Good Luck.
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
Man, you guys are way organized, but still fun to fly against.  We're more like a herd of cats, but we have our own kinda fun, just in a very disorganized manner.

Good luck getting some good people Pand!

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »
One of the best squads I've ever had the pleasure to fly with. If you love the P51 and enjoy top notch team work, these guys are for you.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
It's nice to see you guys making a come back <S> Good Luck!

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:53:31 AM »
What are the age limits because there was some confusion I had with my age last time?
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:35:28 AM »
Age limits within the squad are more of an unwritten rule based on maturity, and the ability to meet the 412th's requirements... but in general, the preference is 18+.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
Thank you and nice webpage. :aok

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »
for those of you that love the 51 this is where you need to be

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 01:37:28 AM »
Hey, what happened to VAMPIRE?

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
All squads are Age 18+ or up now-a-days.
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 02:28:02 AM »
Then tell me why a 12 yr old leaded 2nd in command for squadron of 60 to 70 people for months and took over 120 bases. Was 2nd in command for a mission with both enemy forces and friendly combined that there was about 400 planes in the air. Sometimes having an arrogant pilot like Maverick in TOPGUN is a good thing. Allot of laughs to I say. Just saying. What ever makes your shoe fit. I think every squad needs a squeaker otherwise what kind of squad would it be. You know something to spice the squad up. This post is very random I know. One of the little funny parts of a kid in the game. 412th you rule I always see you guys land kills together I like that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:33:31 AM by stealth »

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 07:20:32 AM »

most squads will accept you if act mature on and off the game.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »
Good luck filling your ranks Pand.  The 7th was gonna join u guys full time since we fly FSO under 412th. But it appears one of your officers doesn't like my guys.  Not gonna ditch u guys for FSO though since we mesh well together. :salute
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
Good luck filling your ranks Pand.  The 7th was gonna join u guys full time since we fly FSO under 412th. But it appears one of your officers doesn't like my guys.  Not gonna ditch u guys for FSO though since we mesh well together. :salute
What you talkin bout Willis???  :headscratch:
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎