Author Topic: Warpy Spit  (Read 913 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Warpy Spit
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »
I shot down a mega-warpy Spit XVI this w/e in MA Orange. Understand two things:

1.  I will reveal the identity
2. such a revelation is probative of nothing beyond a bad internet connection

For everyone who was involved in that beautiful Knight/Bish furball, I'm beginning to think maybe Junky has a point about taking down the FHs - even as I respect the right of the bomb**** to do so.

So, any guesses - and no, it wasn't "Meet Joe" .
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Warpy Spit
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »
I saw a Japanese movie about this some years back.... was dubbed over in english.

Was it Godzilla?? :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:01 AM »
Okay, nobody cares... It was Theriot.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
You're right...nobody cares.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
Okay, nobody cares... It was Theriot.

Hey no insult intended PJ, but I see at least one super warpy plane a night... :)

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:57:15 AM »
No insult taken... Everyone was abuzz at the furball about this guy. I just figured I'd sate their curiosity (which turns out to be an overestimated quantity). Like I say, it's probative of nothing - and, as you point out, is distressingly common.

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
When I see a warping con, and by "warping" I mean warping all over the place at all times, I just avoid engaging that plane. Itīs OK, some people have bad connections and itīs not their fault. And they can't do nothing about it.  :rolleyes:

Relogging? That may work, sometimes not. If there's a bad node in the path to the servers thereīs nothing one can do about it except contacting that bad node's Admin and reporting it.

What pisses me off are "convenient warpings". Planes that fly normally at all times, except when you get on their 6. When you are about to shoot they start warping like butterflies... when, through that "convenient warping", they achieve some separation they fly normally, trying to get on your 6... You revert the situation, get on his 6 again and voila! They start warping.. That, I donīt buy...  :mad:

And that does not seem to be the case.  :aok

Mutley.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
What pisses me off are "convenient warpings". Planes that fly normally at all times, except when you get on their 6. When you are about to shoot they start warping like butterflies... when, through that "convenient warping", they achieve some separation they fly normally, trying to get on your 6... You revert the situation, get on his 6 again and voila! They start warping.. That, I donīt buy...  :mad:

The closer the objects get, the more data is passed and the quicker it gets updated.  Some folks have so much crap running on their systems that the computer just can't handle all the extra data being sent/requested, so the processor does the best it can.  Unfortunately, this many times manifests itself as "convienient warping" just when one of you gets into guns range and are about the pull the trigger.

Constant warping everywhere, as you said, is typically not the other guy's fault.  "Convienient" warping, typically is the other guy's fault for not knowing or caring how to optimize his system for online gameplay.
My Current Rig:

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »
The closer the objects get, the more data is passed and the quicker it gets updated.  Some folks have so much crap running on their systems that the computer just can't handle all the extra data being sent/requested, so the processor does the best it can.  Unfortunately, this many times manifests itself as "convienient warping" just when one of you gets into guns range and are about the pull the trigger.

Constant warping everywhere, as you said, is typically not the other guy's fault.  "Convienient" warping, typically is the other guy's fault for not knowing or caring how to optimize his system for online gameplay.

I knew this was coming.

Still running on XP SP3 for better gaming and PC is optimized for running AH.

Athough I am not an IT professional, I've been messing with computers since 1969 when I took some IBM/360 programming courses.

Then came the gorgeous Apple II.  :aok

Used to do Beta(sometimes Alpha testing) for a major software firewall producer.  Doing that many things can go wrong and one has to have thorough systems knowledge in order to get things back to normal.

I know what Iīm talking about. Specially when itīs the same guy "convenientley warping" on different days, and so on.

Which was not the case and we all have to accept that.

Mutley  :salute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 11:07:17 AM by MutleyBR »

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »
Athough I am not an IT professional, I've been messing with computers since 1969 when I took some IBM/360 programming courses.

I'm pretty sure this is what Lazer uses for his AH machine along with an Atari 2600 joystick.  He never warps....
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is what Lazer uses for his AH machine along with an Atari 2600 joystick.  He never warps....

ROTFL!!!  :x  :banana:  :aok

Mutley   :salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

such a revelation is probative of nothing beyond a bad internet connection

Indeed. So why even begin this conversation??

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
Bah I don't believe any of that stuff I say......I just do it for post count....going platinum. Baby woot!!!!!
 :banana:

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
Indeed. So why even begin this conversation??

I imagined that people were hot to know who - and state as much. That they are not is mildly surprising to me - and is probably an decent example of the shelf-life of relevancy attached to such a piece of info.

Subtext: Skuzzy has warned before about the risks inherent in starting a thread for the purpose of dragging an individual through the figurative. Part of the purpose of my disclaimer was to avoid the wrath and attendant SkuzzStorm sure to follow such wrath.

Does that answer your question?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
I know what Iīm talking about. Specially when itīs the same guy "convenientley warping" on different days, and so on.

Ok, so without breaking the forum rules about allegations of cheating etc., have you sent irrefutable evidence to HTC on this subject?  Do you have such actual evidence?

Me, I don't really care if guys warp [convienently or not].  If I see them, I go elsewhere. 
My Current Rig: