Author Topic: An idea for HTC  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: An idea for HTC
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
It could be scenario based training .   Flight Cadet training in the J3  and AT6.  My Dad did all his primary training in a J3, after solo moved up to the AT6 for all the post solo training, cross country, formation flying, BCM.  After he completed his flight training and was a shiny new 2nd Lt.  US Army AirCore.    He spent two weeks in transition training to a P47 and was shipped to England and the 8th.
               AH familiarization   Each of these could be a 1 minute video.
First lesson, an introduction to the AH view system.
Second lesson Stick set up and key mapping
Third lesson a review of how the sound system can be adjusted.
Forth lesson a review of how the text radio and voice radios work
Fifth lesson  a review of the available maps, performance charts
Sixth lesson a review of aircraft selection, mixed load outs and fuel load outs
Seventh lesson a review of the spawn points
               Primary Flight Training   This could be a one minute video followed by flying
An introduction to basic aerodynamics, Four Fundamentals  followed by a flight lesson in a J3. 

Video explains the controls and gages, Airspeed, Vertical speed , fuel tank switching, Oil temperature gage and wet compass (magnetic compass) Engine Gage RPM. 

The Student appears in the front seat of the J3 with the instructor in the rear seat. 
The instructor talks the student through Engine state and taxi  for take off, the take off roll, how much forward pressure to hold, how much right rudder to hold and assists where necessary.

Flight lesson one, The four Fundamentals, consists of an assisted taxi, take off and talking the student through the basic controls used to control the four fundamentals.    Airspeed control by raising or lowering the nose.   Climb and descend, holding a heading, Wings level, Turns left and right.   Level truns
The instructor assists the student in returning to the field , entering the pattern and landing.

Flight lesson two, a one minute video followed by student flying Four Fundamentals review, Airspeed control, turns to a heading, 360 and 180 and 90 degree turns, forward slips, turns across a road.   Rectangles around a field.

Flight lesson three, a one minute video  of slow flight,  stalls and stall recovery,  climbs and descend in slow flight   turns

Flight lesson four, a one minute video, Traffic pattern work, Take offs and landings instructor assisted

Flight lesson Five, one minute video, Take off and Landings  with instructor,   Solo Take off and landings with out Instructor

Flight Lesson Six, one minute video,  AT6 Check out, Stalls, Recovery, Take off and landing

Flight Lesson Seven, one minute video, Cross Country, navigation in AT6, using AH clipboard, E6B

Flight lesson Eight, one minute video, Formation flying, Formation Cross Country in AT6

Flight lesson Nine, video of each maneuver BCM AT6, Loop, split S, Immelman, Hammer head or stall turn,  Airspeed control in the dive. 

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
Right, have a mandatory tutorial, see how many people will join.  Redman I play the game evryday I don't see people asking questions too often.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
 :aok
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
Perhaps, if it were offline........ It could be a Mission, installed with the game and then when offline a player can launch the "Training Mission" which would have VO's explaining things as they up.

:cheers:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 10:58:10 AM »
I downloaded the aw look alike game.  It has a tutorial that u must do before going online.  I spent all 10 min on it got bored, quit and deleted the game.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 11:41:09 AM »
Hi,

I recently tried Battleground Europe (WWII Online) to fly their aircraft and see how the game compares to Aces High.

I tried Battleground Europe and got tired of all of the training classes, got bored and deleted the game.. It wont work here ..  Once I learned the basics, I wanted to go into the arena. Not spend a bunch of time taking training classes...
Just like when I started Aces High. I spent the time reading the entire trainers page and downloading  the quick reference. I then hit the arena and never looked back.. Bad Idea!!! :salute

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »
Your idea has merit. A few years back, a player produced a couple of tutorials using animated screen shots with voice-overs, which he posted in Help&Training. I can't remember the players name...anyone else remember this?

Were it possible to add a "Tutorial/Training" link to the AHII splash screen, with 6 or so of these animations, it might be a good way to fast track new players.

didn't fugitive do that?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »
Right, have a mandatory tutorial, see how many people will join.  Redman I play the game evryday I don't see people asking questions too often.

Semp

True dat.  Not to mention that if you can manage to hit E to start your engine, the planes take off by them selves and are easy to fly and perform basic acms.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
True dat.  Not to mention that if you can manage to hit E to start your engine, the planes take off by them selves and are easy to fly and perform basic acms.

i would think that the engine torque and p-factor would catch those that've never flown off guard.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
When you start the game even a quick 3-5 minute animated tutorial (even an optional link, but says "strongly advised") would help greatly.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 04:29:41 PM »
i would think that the engine torque and p-factor would catch those that've never flown off guard.

Take off on auto and at 1K hit your stick to disable the auto pilot.  Plane is still flying fine with small adjustments on the stick here and there.

However, I agree that a small tutorial would be helpfull
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
I think that we should have something like this, but as mentioned, only "highly advised" instead of compulsory.

Nice idea Mij, best one you've had in ages Mate :P

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
When you start the game even a quick 3-5 minute animated tutorial (even an optional link, but says "strongly advised") would help greatly.
Why is it Spikes that every time I look at one of your posts, I get drawn to your avatar photo? :D

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
Why is it Spikes that every time I look at one of your posts, I get drawn to your avatar photo? :D

you mean he writes stuff here?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »
you mean he writes stuff here?

Pay them to attend a training camp.  Say 200 perks each category.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes