Author Topic: rude people  (Read 577 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
rude people
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
ok so here is my situation. lets say u do a community service at a business for a couple of days because of a ticket. the people are supposed to report the hours to an office so i can get credit, instead i never recieve credit because the business screwed up. so i go to the business to talk poliltely with manager in hopes of getting to the bottom of this. Instead of an appology or any sort of compensation, the manager tells me i dont have time for your problems (very rudely) and tells me to leave my name with another person and that they will get to it when they can. I wait a few weeks and no response so i go back to talk to the manager again only to get the same rude dismissive attitude, and when i call them they always  say the manager is not there.....really its a friggin goodwill, its not like she has all sorts of important business meetings to attend wtf!

whats with these people they make a mistake an treat me like im the one who screwed up? i just want to be compensated. i dont want money just a simple letter saying i put in hours there.

any ideas on what i should do? i know it may seem im makin a big deal about stupid hours but its more about the principle of the events that occured.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: rude people
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »
Go to the courthouse and explain what happened. Let them have a police officer take you down the the place where you volunteered and explain your situation, they will listen.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
DISCLAIMER

This is from personal experience only.  I am not an attorney nor do I work in the legal field.  I speak only from personal experience in the legal system and sharing with you what I've been told.  Be sure, before you act on anything I say, to educate yourself on the laws, rules, regulations, and so on where you live, before you run off willy nilly with a 'plan' that will suck in your situation

/End Disclaimer.

Find out who the area manager is.  Right now you're dealing with drones and, most likely, the area manager will be one as well.  But contact them both by phone and with a certified letter.   NOBODY likes getting a certified letter at work and they will be forced to do something.  It might not be to your advantage but you will have a record of the notification. Make sure you document any conversations you have with the business and make notes on what was discussed and the resolution that was reached or not reached.  Not saying all of this will do any good but it might and I'm going to place a heavy emphasis on 'might' bring about the resolution you are trying to attain. 

Lastly a lot of people think that recording a conversation is not admissible in court.  This is both right and wrong.  You can record conversations so long as both parties are over 18 and one of them knows it's being recorded.  A good lawyer might get the recording thrown out but it will be admissible in a deposition. 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FA_Refugee

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:46:52 PM »
Weizel

"Vodka without beer and truffles is like throwing money in the wind."

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
It sounds like community service is working as planned, as a deterrant against getting another ticket  :devil
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 12:27:26 AM »
It sounds like community service is working as planned, as a deterrant against getting another ticket  :devil

deterant my donut its the system tryin to keep me down so they can keep gettin money from me even though ive done everything they asked :mad:
and i say "the system" because they sent me to that pos business to do com service, i didnt have a choice.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:40:40 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »
If it's court ordered, they're required by law to report the hours worked.  Just politely remind the woman that she could face a contempt charge if she fails to report the proper hours. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »
I'd say send them a certified letter and contact someone from the local courts to both inform them of the situation and what you are trying to do to remedy it.

As someone who works law enforcement and has spent more time in and around the judicial system than I ever wanted to, I can tell you that drama and losing your cool ALWAYS backfire.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
1. certified letter? pardon my ignorance but is that a typed up and properly formatted letter or something i need to request from somebody.
2. i will try and contact someone at the courthouse as i have already contacted the person in charge of com service at the probation office, but they simply told me "to go talk to her again, or maybe she sent it to the wrong place in which the time shhet was probably already shreded and gone" which is just even more of a mess in which i would still not recieve credit.
3. i'll let her know she is required by law politely next time she trys to tell me to leave her alone.

what a mess, but i  appreciate everyones assistance now i have a few ideas of where to go from here.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »
To make it a certified letter, just tell the person at the post office.  It'll cost a couple of bucks, but that's about it.  They'll have to sign for it, thus proving it was received.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »
1. certified letter? pardon my ignorance but is that a typed up and properly formatted letter or something i need to request from somebody.
2. i will try and contact someone at the courthouse as i have already contacted the person in charge of com service at the probation office, but they simply told me "to go talk to her again, or maybe she sent it to the wrong place in which the time shhet was probably already shreded and gone" which is just even more of a mess in which i would still not recieve credit.
3. i'll let her know she is required by law politely next time she trys to tell me to leave her alone.

what a mess, but i  appreciate everyones assistance now i have a few ideas of where to go from here.

Give her some loving bagrat :) She might be more "willing" afterwards  :rofl :rofl
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:18 AM »
deterant my donut its the system tryin to keep me down so they can keep gettin money from me even though ive done everything they asked :mad:
and i say "the system" because they sent me to that pos business to do com service, i didnt have a choice.

On the contrary.

You had the privelege of choice.

You chose to NOT slow your bellybutton down (or whatever the infraction was)...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
alright gotcha thx jager :aok

On the contrary.

You had the privelege of choice.

You chose to NOT slow your bellybutton down (or whatever the infraction was)...

get back under you're bridge

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
alright gotcha thx jager :aok

get back under you're bridge

You may think that was a clever comment but it was in fact, not a troll at all.

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.  It is not someone that disagrees with your whine about the consequences of your personal actions.

You stated that you did not have a choice, when you indeed did.  You had a choice to NOT break whatever law that you received the ticket for.

It just happens that in your case, things seem to even MORE inconvenient than usual. 

Just for future reference, a certified letter can contain a note written in crayon if you so desire.  Certified just provides you with proof that you sent the letter and that someone did indeed receive the letter. 
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »
posting a problem an asking how to resovle it is not a whine, its asking for advice?

though u abide by the rules, what you are doing is similar to the 5 year old who puts his finger in you're face an says "im not touching you, im not toughing you"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:10:29 AM by bagrat »